Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Poly InfinityPBR - Works with POLYGON by Synty Studios

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Jun 24, 2020.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    designleviathan and givizator like this.
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

7. MegaMileyStudios

MegaMileyStudios

Does the dragon support URP? Or would it be easy to upgrade to URP via the default material upgrade path?

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Would be easy to upgrade -- the material is just a color palette. The shader I use to do the hue shifting is built in Amplify Shader Editor -- that won't convert automatically but I think ASE exports to URP, so I'll look into that.

MegaMileyStudios likes this.
  9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Medusa is now available! She's also in the Bundle, so anyone who already purchased gets it for free!

Next will be Giant Worm and Fish Man -- they'll also be included in the bundle :)

10. jhey2010

jhey2010

I bought the Low Poly Monster Bundle and trying to use with Unity 2020.1.4f1 (Universal Rendering Pipeline)

I'm getting these errors when trying to upgrade the materials for the Universal Rendering Pipeline of the dragon:

DragonBlack material was not upgraded. There's no upgrader to convert InfinityPBR/IPBR_DiffuseHSL shader to selected pipeline
    UnityEditor.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipelineMaterialUpgrader:UpgradeSelectedMaterials() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@8.2.0/Editor/UniversalRenderPipelineMaterialUpgrader.cs:37)

URP seems to work fine with:
    - Fishmen
    - Giant Worm
    - Medusa
    - Monster Creature 2

However, it doesn't work with:
    - Flying Eye
    - Dragon
    - Serpent Warrior
    - Slimes

Do you have a workaround? And ideally a fix for them?

infinitypbr likes this.
  11. jhey2010

jhey2010

Hey! Found a workaround for anybody else who is also wondering about URP support...
    - Go the the Textures & Materials folder
    - Change each material to use the 'Universal Render Pipeline/Lit' shader
    - Change each material's 'Base Map' to the corresponding 2d texture
    - that's it!

Btw, the animations are great! Awesome asset!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    sublemonal, givizator and infinitypbr like this.
  12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Glad it worked out! Any of the "standard shader" materials will work in URP -- the texture is just a single albedo palette after all. The HSL slider one is a custom shader, so will not convert.

13. daimadoushi

daimadoushi

Nice work :)

I got a question and a piece of feedback for you.

Question first, this set seems to be growing over time, is it going to grow even more ? Regardless, any plans for upcoming low poly assets ?

For the piece of feedback now, I am highly interested in this kind of work, low poly fantasy monsters that fits well with the synty low poly style. The only thing that is making me hesitating is that this pack doesnt seem to bundle well together.

What I mean is that, you got a anubis monster with a dragon together with a fishman ect ... There is no theme attached to the bundle, so if I dont have an egyptian set, I cant imagine using that anubis dude anywhere. On the other hand, if I do make an egyptian set, I would like to have mummies and other pharao to go with that anubis dude.

I would be definitely very interested to see a dungeon themed bundle of monsters !

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

HI!

Yes, I am converting all of my high fidelity creatures to low poly. The bundle, as planned, will grow to 20 characters for $100 before I start a new bundle. Anyone who buys the bundle now will get the additions for free.

You can see my full library here. There is a large variety of characters for lots of game types. I'm sure you'll find plenty that'll work for you, though of course not everything will for all games :D

designleviathan likes this.
  15. daimadoushi

daimadoushi

Hey.

Cool cool, happy to hear that. I guess you can sign me up :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  16. WeirdWizard

WeirdWizard

Hey there, bought the bundle today but the download is empty except for a text file. I see you added a couple of assets today, maybe something went wrong with the upload?
    (Edit) Nevermind the bundle isn't packaged together, buying it applies a 100% discount on the individual asset store entries for the contents. So you still need to click through each of the bundled assets and "buy" them (which costs nothing) and download them separately.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    dotmeep likes this.
  17. Michael_Truong

Michael_Truong

Just got the low poly bundle - impressed with the amazing work! Super happy with the purchase.

When I was exploring the high poly versions, some of the monsters, like the Medusa had sounds but the low poly ones don't. Any chance we LP folk could get those audio files too?

18. dotmeep

dotmeep

Thanks for this! Had me spinning.