Search Unity

Low Poly Shooter Pack v4.0 - Everything You Need To Get Your Low Poly Shooter Project Started!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by da_st, Feb 3, 2016.

?

Version 1.7 will include animated arms, should I keep the current example prefabs or remove them?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2016.
  1. Keep them (in a folder called "old prefabs")

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Remove them

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Whatever

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. unitcreator21

unitcreator21

Hey David. Your work is amazing and I absolutely love it. I'm currently using the demo version of the FPS Pack. It would be great if you released a full body for the FPS Pack. It would also be great if you make it a demo as well. I cannot afford for some of your amazing assets so that would be great. Thanks so much!

2. nuonical

nuonical

Any plans to get another bow back in there? I spent some time modifying the v2.0 bow. I added a weapon trail, a thicker arrow model, drop physics, sticky projectiles, more sounds, shrinking crosshair, etc. It is a satisfying weapon to use. Would love to see a version of it in there with this new style.

3. somosky

somosky

Bought your asset today. You've done a great job. Quick question I'm going to be creating a new texture for the arms and use your texture as a reference. Do you have a example of what parts of the texture correspond to what part of the arms? Example I can see the top right of the texture is the skin color. Etc.

4. da_st

da_st

Hey, thanks for buying it! The UV maps for the arms are very customized to the included textures, they use overlapping UVs to use up more of the texture, If you are familiar with 3d modeling I would recommend creating your own UV maps for the arms! I could also send a png of the current UV map layout if you want :)

5. da_st

da_st

It's definetely on my to-do list, however I want to finish the third person character model first and that's what I am currently working on, so not sure when bow will be re-added!

6. da_st

da_st

Hey, glad you like the asset :)
    I am currently working on a third person character model, you can check my twitter for progress/updates!

7. somosky

somosky

Yea if you could send me a png that would be a huge help.

8. da_st

da_st

I sent the files on twitter :)

9. noobynobody

noobynobody

Since your fps arms and third person model are highly customized, would I still be able to use this asset with a character controller (Opsive/Invector)? Would I be able to add animations like pushing / swinging a sword / rolling?

10. da_st

da_st

Yes it is possible to use the arm models separately and attach them to any character controller, the animations are attached to the model and can be played with any character controller! About adding animations, do you mean creating your own animations or using other animation packs from the store?

11. noobynobody

noobynobody

I plan on creating my own using UMotion Pro. Regarding the character controllers, they usually come with animations, like Invector's roll and sword swings, so I was wondering if I could take advantage of that by importing the animations to UMotion, then somehow attaching them to your models. I think I could do this for animation packs as well. Maybe you could explain how I would do this in Blender, since that's what you use.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  12. da_st

da_st

I suppose it would work with something like UMotion since it will use the same rig already attached to the arms? I don't think I can really help with this since I have never used UMotion, so can't guarantee that it would work :/

13. jfran227

jfran227

Are the .blend files available with the asset?

14. jonathanwcurd

jonathanwcurd

David, you have done some awesome work here. My son and I are loving playing around with your latest update.

Any chance I could get a way to download the old version assets my son likes some the old style stuff too and was wanting to play around with those models as well. I'm glad to send you the order number or whatever you need from the assets store purchase. What info do you need the order number?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  15. da_st

da_st

No, only the exported .fbx files are included with the asset

16. da_st

da_st

Glad you like the update :D If you email me your invoice number I can provide you with the old version (version 2.1)

17. Dragonname

Dragonname

Hello David, I'm testing the asset pack with HDRP, I know hdrp is still in beta but their seems to be a weird bug when I using your asset. When the scene settings are enabled half of the screen is invisible.
    upload_2019-7-31_0-35-6.png
    Do you know what the problem could be?
    Thanks in advance.

18. Dragonname

Dragonname

Ok I found the problem, it doesn't work with the exponential fog. Probably an error with hdrp I think.

da_st likes this.
  19. johny256

johny256

Hello David,Add other new hands and animations? mele and etc

20. da_st

da_st

I uploaded version 3.2 for review today, so should hopefully be released soon! :D

In the meanwhile check out the trailer:

Miyamoto_Musashi and Mister-D like this.
  21. WalkingDad

WalkingDad

Looks amazing! Great Job!

da_st likes this.
  22. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

OMFG! Excellent work

da_st likes this.
  23. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

could you please make a tutorial how to make it working with the emerald AI asset?

24. da_st

da_st

Miyamoto_Musashi and Boom_Shaka like this.
  25. Boom_Shaka

Boom_Shaka

This asset is really just artwork. Use your own controller and emerald AI like you would any other asset.

The only potential conflict is the scope, but that's just a matter of binding it to the correct/appropriate key.

da_st likes this.
  26. senpaioreo

senpaioreo

hey can someone explain how to use the third person model? Do I have to set up the controller for it myself or is there a prefab already made to attach to the model?

27. da_st

da_st

There is no third person controller included with the asset unfortunately, I would recommend using something like this for example, it should work well with the included character model!

28. Extrapolated

Extrapolated

Hi David, would it be possible to use other weapons like hammers etc with the arms?

29. Crede-Pendrel

Crede-Pendrel

Hey David! I purchased this asset back in 2018. The updates since then are absolutely mind-blowing. I am at work now and have till wait to later to download the new version. Question for you. There seems to be a lot of people (me included) who miss the melee weapons. Are there ways we can add some of the melee weapons back in (maybe using some of the knife animations?) I just found my initial purchase invoice. Is there any way to move some of that legacy content forward?

30. da_st

da_st

Hey, I responded to your email with the answer :)

31. da_st

da_st

Hey, you could technically use any weapon model with the arms (by attaching the model to one of the hand bones), but the animations probably won't fit very well, however I am planning on creating melee animations for the next update :)

32. Mattish

Mattish

had a little play with the sample, as previously mentioned, you can sprint at the same time as using ADS is this intentional? also i can jump around like its quake, i can stop mid air its quite strange, in the future are you going to be releasing a cheaper pack, possible a player + 2 guns? i want to use it for fun project but cant justify 135 for the addition of the character (all i need with sample pack for prototyping.). Also is there a discord server for developers of the pack?

33. Crede-Pendrel

Crede-Pendrel

Thank you!! This sounds exciting!

da_st likes this.
  34. da_st

da_st

It is expected that you create your own code or combine it with other assets, the included scripts should be seen as examples of how to use the animations and models. I currently don't have any plans to create another cheaper version of the pack, also there is no discord server that I am aware of, I could consider creating one :)

Crede-Pendrel likes this.
  35. Unit_9

Unit_9

Hey da_st, I am currently have an issue with using your wonderful FPS pack. The current problem I am facing is that when ever I load into one of the demo scenes and start shooting; it causes the Unity Editor to crash. I have try all of the demo scene to see if this problem persists and it does happen with every demo scene I tested. There are super rare instances where the first shot works, but the second shot will cause the Unity Editor to crash. The most common instance is that firing one shot from a weapon causes the Unity Editor to crash.

So far I have tried to redownload the files and see if it works. But the problem still persists. I have not altered or deleted any files ever since the redownload of the files. Even the 'Unity has stopped working' tab says that - 'Status: There is no fix available. Please report a bug'.

I have correctly checked that if the Low Poly FPS Pack is compatible with the current version of Unity I am using (Unity 2018.3.1f1).

Problem: Shooting causes the Unity Editor to crash.

Unity Version: Unity 2018.3.1f1

Laptop: Acer Aspire Timeline Ultra M3-581 TG

Processor: Intel Core i7

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 640M

36. da_st

da_st

Hey, I just tested in 2018.3.1f but was unable to recreate the issue, I don't think redownloading the files will help since it is likely not an issue with the asset itself, sounds more like a hardware/driver problem :/

37. digiross

digiross

I just found this asset within the last couple of days. It would be perfect for the game I'm starting, I will be purchasing payday.

da_st likes this.
  38. da_st

da_st

Crede-Pendrel likes this.
  39. M4R5

M4R5

Firstly, these are incredible. Your animation feels both weighty and badass.

I was wondering if there are plans to incorporate 3rd person animations for the whole arsenal and if so, what your timeline is currently looking like for the entire suite of weapons?

Also, are there any plans on adding lean/crouch/prone anim states? If not, are you open to freelancing bespoke animations/models?

Irregardless, I'm sure I'll be purchasing your package in the coming days and I look forward to seeing more of your art!

da_st likes this.
  40. Unit_9

Unit_9

In the future, will you add the old weapon models from previous FPS pack versions in the next update?

Such as the flamethrower, tactical shield, old grenade launcher model, and etc.

Also, will there be VR support (Oculus Integration/SteamVR) for this pack in the future if it ever happens?

41. Boom_Shaka

Boom_Shaka

I'd have to agree - I like the new version a lot, but I actually bought the asset for the old set for a specific project in that blocky style.

I downloaded and saved a copy of it, but it would be if you could include it in a "legacy" folder in the current version - just add a note that it's "as is" and no longer supported.

42. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

what? he removed weapons ??! WHY?

43. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Would be great if you communicate transparent. Iam interested too! What happend to melee, knife and stuff?

44. da_st

da_st

I updated the graphical style of the asset in version 3.0, and also made improved animations, unfortunately I haven't had time to make new animations for the melee weapons (I removed them because they didn't fit the new art style of the asset and I didn't really like the old animations :rolleyes:) but I will be working on adding them back with improved animations!

pushingpandas likes this.
  45. da_st

da_st

I will mainly be focusing on adding the melee weapons back and creating more animations for the third person character, if I do add flamethrower, shield etc, back it would have to be after that. I currently don't have any plans to add VR support

46. da_st

da_st

Yeah I get that, you could also send me your invoice number and I can provide the older version (2.1), not sure about including a legacy folder, I feel like it might be confusing for new users, I wish there was a way you could download old versions separately from the asset store :(

Boom_Shaka likes this.
  47. JacobFast

JacobFast

HI, got you asset today and for some reason moving does not work. In both 1st and 3rd person modes. It plays an animation of moving left or right corresponding to button pressed, but never actually moves. Latest unity version and latest asset version. I see some unapplied changes to prefabs(like rigidbody marked as kinematic, so apply force does not work anymore) in Scenes like handgun-FPScontroller and when i revert them, everything starts working. My guess you was experimenting with something and uploaded broken version.

48. da_st

da_st

Hey, I just tested in Unity 2019.1.5f, imported a fresh version of the asset, and everything works fine, I always double check before uploading so it's not a broken version.

The 3rd person demo scene does not have a movement controller script, that is why it is not moving (there is no third person controller included with the asset), but the 1st person demo scenes should be moving, and the prefabs should not have any unapplied settings, I would recommend that you create a new empty project, and import a fresh version of the asset and see if that works! Also take a look at the included "how to use" pdf to get started

49. JacobFast

JacobFast

Look on screenshot with these settings moving wont work, this is fresh import

Attached Files:

• fps.png
      fps.png
      File size:
      97 KB
      Views:
  50. JacobFast

JacobFast

And demo scene2 have same problem, also the pivot point is somewhere far far from the actual object location look screenshot, thats because player canvas attached to object, since it screen space it should not be.

Attached Files:

• fps2.png
      fps2.png
      File size:
      101.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019