Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Poly Shooter Pack v4.0 - Everything You Need To Get Your Low Poly Shooter Project Started!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by da_st, Feb 3, 2016.

?

Version 1.7 will include animated arms, should I keep the current example prefabs or remove them?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2016.
  1. Keep them (in a folder called "old prefabs")

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Remove them

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Whatever

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. godsendcsgo

godsendcsgo

are you gonna be adding the swat texture to the body and making any terrorist textures in the near future?

2. da_st

da_st

I plan on adding all textures eventually, but I want to finish all the animations first :)

godsendcsgo likes this.
  3. da_st

da_st

Been working on the first person animations lately, here are previews of some of the reload animations :)

Sawn-off shotgun

mrwigglesbye.gif
    Sniper 3

rifle6.gif
    SMG 5

smg4.gif

SMG 4

smg5213.gif
    Sniper 6

rifle0128.gif

4. Stolzenberg

Stolzenberg

Great work, I really like your pack!
    What would you say about some Combat Fist animations?

5. BillBucky

BillBucky

Is this still being updated, would like to see the third person animations

6. 878161041

Imported into 2018.2, overexposure occurred, no reason could be found
    upload_2018-10-19_11-15-21.png

7. da_st

da_st

Check the image effect called "vignette" on the main camera, lowering the vignette value should work

8. HanAusBerlin

HanAusBerlin

Hi,
    I am using this asset for a VR FPS, which works great so far. I am not a coder and I do pretty much everything with Playmaker, good enough for me so far.
    I understand that the "bullets" can hit rigidbodys and affect them. But I couldnt figure out how to check for a collision so that I can start an event. For example when the bullet hits an object tagged with enemy, I want Playmaker to start an event. But I cant figure out how to do that. The bullets are not tagged. What also would be great to get the impact value (force) of the bullet, same problem here, I need some definition of what hits my object to use in playmaker (a prefab name, tag, whatever), but the bullet just seems to be a "particle".
    Any help or experience with this asset and playmaker?
    Thanks!

9. da_st

da_st

The bullets in the asset are using raycast to detect what the "bullet" collides with, so it's not a physical bullet, you might want to create an actual bullet using a collider and rigidbody for this :)

10. johny256

johny256

next update?

11. HanAusBerlin

HanAusBerlin

Also its not physical, it does affect the item it hits in a correct physical way (depending on the impact set to it). So how can I attach an actual bullet to use colliders that uses the same values as your raycast?

Or alternativly is there a script you could provide (similar to the explosion barrels) with an integer value you can set that defines the number of hits before the object gets destroyed?

12. HanAusBerlin

HanAusBerlin

Any idea?

13. HanAusBerlin

HanAusBerlin

How about some really basic damage system? E.g. define the number of hits needed till the objects that was hit becomes destroyed, maybe some collider at the head, then when it gets hit, destroyes the objects immediatly. Or that idea combined with the force, the more force added to the object that became hit, the higher the damage. It would actually go well eith the explosive barrel script, just for characters persons.
    It would be a great addition and make your asset a basic FPS system, much better then the overblown stuff like UFPS etc. :)

14. slimshader

slimshader

Hi, asset seems really good but I have important question: does it work with Unity 2018.3?

15. Andrew203

Andrew203

16. da_st

da_st

Yep, currently working on adding new hands to all weapons (and improving the old weapon models) :)

Miyamoto_Musashi likes this.
  17. Boom_Shaka

Boom_Shaka

My primary interest in this pack is the FPS arms. To that end, are there any additional animations that are not currently included in the WebGL Demo? IE: 33 guns, 17 melee, 5 grenades?

I was also wonder if the weapon meshes were separate from the arm meshes in case we wanted to add some additional models?

Thanks in advance!

18. johny256

johny256

NEXT UPDATE?

19. da_st

da_st

Hey, I'm still working hard on the next update, my current goal is to have it finished in april, please check my twitter for progress updates ;)

Miyamoto_Musashi likes this.
  20. maswadeh

maswadeh

Assets / Low Poly FPS Pack / Components / Demo Scene / Scripts / FlashbangEffectScript.cs (6،7): error CS0246: تعذر العثور على النوع أو اسم مساحة الاسم `UnityStandardAssets '. هل تفتقد إلى مرجع التجميع؟

21. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

Hi there, are the animations separated yet? Can they be used with other models?

22. senpaioreo

senpaioreo

hey when I first import the asset I get an error message when trying to use the prefabs.
    "The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Assault Rifle - FPSController') is missing!"
    does anyone have a clue to why this is happening? ive tried to reimport and even reinstall unity.

23. Boom_Shaka

Boom_Shaka

da_st likes this.
  24. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

I don´t need this but looks super cool. May be one day I've time to have a look at the details of an FPS.

da_st likes this.
  25. da_st

da_st

Hello!
    All animations are now finished for the upcoming 3.0 update, just have to set everything up in Unity and do some minor fixes, but next update should be out soon! :D

Here is a preview of all the new animations and weapons included in version 3.0:

Mister-D, Boom_Shaka and slimshader like this.
  26. Mister-D

Mister-D

told u it would look better with fingers ;)
    nice job , great weight,action-reaction to all weapons,
    only the bolt rifle cocking after fire feels to light compared to the rest(maybe a bit more z axis movement?)

27. da_st

da_st

Thanks! And yeah you were right about the fingers, definitely looks better :cool:

28. kapitan_59

kapitan_59

Hello Sir, Will the price change?

29. da_st

da_st

Yep, I will be increasing the price quite a bit

30. johny256

johny256

Best Asset!

da_st likes this.
  31. Andrew203

Andrew203

That's good, you deserve much more for the support and time you are giving to this assets.

da_st likes this.
  32. da_st

da_st

33. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

Hi, am I able to use these animations with other weapons/arms?

34. da_st

da_st

Hey, unfortunately not, the models are rigged and made to use a custom rig, so they can only be used with the included arm rigs/models

35. pankrashingo

pankrashingo

Hello. I really like your asset, the new update is just awesome.

Tell me please, is it planned to add animations for the 3rd person?

36. da_st

da_st

Yeah I really want to add third person character that matches the new arm/weapon style, so its definetely on my to do list! :)

37. Daniel466

Daniel466

Nice Update!, Will the melee arms be added back? like knife in hand, i see there knife attack, use to love the melee arms mesh, once again really nice update!

38. da_st

da_st

Thanks man glad you like the update! Yes, there is currently two "integrated" knife animations for the arms, but I will work on adding arms for all melee weapons as well :)

Boom_Shaka and Daniel466 like this.
  39. Daniel466

Daniel466

Great, Cant wait!

da_st likes this.
  40. asahiro84

asahiro84

Hi David, could you please include 2.0 assets or make them available for purchase as a separate pack?
    While 3.0 looks amazing, the previous version has a great value as well and might be exactly what some people including myself are looking for.

41. da_st

da_st

Hey, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to include the old asset with the current version, since I really prefer this new graphics style and animations, and also the old version won't get updates, all future updates will have the new arm and weapon style, but if you wish to use the old version I could send you the files if you provide invoice number :)

asahiro84 likes this.
  42. Andrew203

Andrew203

Hey, have you thought about making some low poly characters and maybe envoirment pack which would fit nicely with this asset? Something synty style. Because asset store is literally empty in those terms. Maybe modular ww3 charcters?

asahiro84 likes this.
  43. milox777

milox777

What's the mecanim rig of those animation, generic or humanoid? Are they retargetable to a different model? I'd like to change the hand and gun models but keep the animations.

44. da_st

da_st

The animated arms have a "Generic" rig, so unfortunately it's not possible to retarget the animations to other models/rigs!

45. da_st

da_st

Hey, I do have plans on making a third person character model, perhaps environment packs/addons as well :)

Daniel466 likes this.
  46. Dumad123

Dumad123

Will you update the older models to fit the new animation style as well? I liked the low poly ww2 weapons

47. Burglebutt

Burglebutt

Any idea when u are gonna add arms for the melee weapons? That was my fav part of the asset /cries

48. whitefoxgamess

whitefoxgamess

Hello, i am a beginner in unity and programing at all,

i want to make mobile input for free version of low poly fps asset ,
    i tried with standard asset by unity , CrossPlatformInputManager, and didn't get any result, if someone can help me, it will be great , thx for possibility to work with this asset for free :)

49. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Did anybody got this asset running with a AI asset?!?

50. unitcreator21

unitcreator21

Hey David. Your work is amazing and I absolutely love it. I'm currently using the demo version of the FPS Pack. It would be great if you released a full body for the FPS Pack. It would also be great if you make it a demo as well. I cannot afford for some of your amazing assets so that would be great. Thanks so much!