Search Unity

Low Poly Shooter Pack v4.0 - Everything You Need To Get Your Low Poly Shooter Project Started!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by da_st, Feb 3, 2016.

?

Version 1.7 will include animated arms, should I keep the current example prefabs or remove them?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2016.
  1. Keep them (in a folder called "old prefabs")

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Remove them

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Whatever

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. da_st

da_st

2. LloydWright

LloydWright

Importing version 1.9 into Unity 5.6.0f3 and opening the axe controller throws up a bunch of error messages, such as:

Broken text PPtr in file(Components/Animators/Melee/axe.controller). Local file identifier (110212644) doesn't exist!

Inspecting the controller file as text:

m_Conditions:
    - m_ConditionMode: 1
    m_ConditionEvent: isAiming
    m_EventTreshold: 0
    m_DstStateMachine: {fileID: 0}
    m_DstState: {fileID: 110212644}

The fileID for m_DstState is getting set to 0. I can't see any reference of isAiming inside the controller from inside Unity.
    Could isAiming be a left over state from a previous version of the package that isn't used anymore? Just want to make sure this isn't going to cause any issues going forwards.

3. da_st

da_st

Hey just tested it in the latest version of Unity, didn't get any errors on the axe prefab, did you have another version of the asset imported before?

4. LloydWright

LloydWright

Tried it again and I think it's when the project's asset serialization mode is set to 'Force Text'.

My repo steps were this:

1) Create new unity project
    2) Import the low poly fps package
    3) Import characters standard assets package (due to compile errors)
    4) Import effects standard assets package(due to compile errors but don't think this was needed)
    5) Import lecgacy image effects standard assets package (due to compile errors)
    6) Opened axe.controller, moved a node around to force a resave, everything was fine
    7) Set asset serialzation in project settings to text and immediately the errors spewed to the console

I use SVN for my repository so I need the assets in text form whereever possible. I'm hoping changing the format from binary to text forces a resave and isAiming etc is an old value that's not needed anymore?

Does the axe.controller need to reference isAiming? The parameter is not in the controller list as shown by Unity.

5. da_st

da_st

Yep now I got the same errors when setting the asset serialization to "force text", everything seems to work fine though, the axe controller does not use isAiming, it is mainly used by the guns when right clicking (aiming), to trigger the aim animation.

If you check one of the gun controllers, you can see that "isAiming" parameter is being used:

isaiming.png

If you think this will be an issue, I would recommend using the arm models separately instead, the included prefabs should be seen more as examples/animation demonstration, not a complete fps controller. :)

You can find the separate arm models in the folder Components > Meshes > Arms.

models.png

Feel free to send me an email if you have any other questions!

6. LloydWright

LloydWright

Awesome, thanks. I believe Unity keeps old/unused parameters in the asset files, so I expect isAiming was referenced at some point, or maybe the script was copied from one that used it. Anyways, it does all seem to be working fine.

Very impressed from what I've seen of the package so far. Looking forward to using it over the coming days. Cheers!

da_st likes this.
  7. eyo

eyo

Hi, couple of pre purchase questions. What's the performance like on mobile, particularly for the particle effects, I'm assuming you can tweak the decay/life/spawn?

Can you blend the animations into an existing bi-biped with say Mechanim for NPC's if they have a full character mesh? I ask as we'd like to add the weapons to enemy characters so you will see more than just a pair of arms.

Finally any chance you can add a few WildWest weapons to the pack:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Guns_of_the_American_West

And maybe something like a bow and arrow and a stick of dynamite?

Cheers

8. da_st

da_st

Hey, all the models are very low-poly, so they will work on mobile, the particle systems however might need to be decreased a bit for better performance, they are made using Unitys default particle system, so easy to tweak the settings.

Unfortunately it is not possible to use the arm animations with other models, the animations are limited to the included arm models.

About the weapons, I will be including a "lever action rifle" in the next version, and plan on adding a few others as well, I can consider adding bow and dynamite. :)

lever_action.png

eyo likes this.
  9. eyo

eyo

So are the reload animations not using bones?

10. da_st

da_st

They do, the arm models are rigged and has bones, but the animations can't be used on other character models

11. eyo

eyo

Ah that's a shame.

12. eyo

eyo

David would it be possible to supply one of the rigged weapon models in your pack so our animator can explore ways we might be able to bind the weapon and associated animations (fire, reload etc.) to our characters? We ideally need to be able to have the weapons bound to our enemy NPC's as well as the player.

13. eyo

eyo

...and any sort of ETA on the lever rifle, dynamite and bow? ;)

14. eyo

eyo

Getting this problem with the assets:

error CS0234: The type or namespace name `ImageEffects' does not exist in the namespace `UnityStandardAssets'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Looks like a deprecated link to an asset in your script? Can't get the demos to work with this error. Have imported the character and standard assets, delted and reinstalled the package but no joy.

15. da_st

da_st

Hey, I sent you an email :)

16. johny256

johny256

Sale 50%?

17. da_st

da_st

Some animation previews for the next update :)

Bow & arrow

Tactical shield

Grenade launcher

Shotgun

Flamethrower

18. johny256

johny256

Please ADD Character and animation, and Armor,hands,legs,chest.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  19. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello, I added prefabs / Example prefabs / SMG 5 - FPS Controller to my simple scene (only environment objects) and getting a lot of reds

In order to call GetTransformInfoExpectUpToDate, RendererUpdateManager.UpdateAll must be called first.

20. da_st

da_st

Hey, this is a bug in Unity, not caused by the asset itself, https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/errors-message-at-editor-play?page=1#comments

Basically you have to turn off "interpolation" on all rigidbodies in the scene, that is what seems to be causing it, if you go to the folder Prefabs > Example Prefabs > Casing Prefabs, and set the interpolation to "none" on all the casings, it should remove the errors.

21. da_st

da_st

22. johny256

johny256

Hello your asset is a great mate in the plan to do the character? And armor to the character?

23. da_st

da_st

Hey thanks, I do have plans on adding a character eventually, not sure about the armor though (probably different texture variations instead)

24. nuonical

nuonical

Hello,

First off, many thanks for an excellent asset. High in both quality and value. The 2.0 update is fantastic, and thank you for adding the bow animation.

Quick question : Right now it's a little weird having the iron sites shown when using a scope. Should the iron sites be a separate mesh so we can disable them? Or is there a better way of handling this?

Here's an example of what I mean :

sites.jpg

Shodan0101 likes this.
  25. da_st

da_st

Hey,

Sorry for the slow response!

I could consider making them a separate mesh for the next version, I think that would be the easiest way to handle this :)

Shodan0101 likes this.
  26. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Hi da_st,

Love your asset! Is it Unity 2017.1 compatible? Im interested in buying/supporting you and are you looking to add new features soon?

27. da_st

da_st

Hey,

Just tested it in Unity 2017.1, everything works fine :)

I do plan on adding more features, currently working on a full body character for the next update!

Shodan0101 likes this.
  28. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Hi da_st,

Thank you so much for testing 2017.1! Glad to hear it's working fine! You have a new customer ;P can't wait to test it! Good luck with the new features!

29. da_st

da_st

Thanks man, appreciate the support!

30. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

oh yes! full body finally!!!!

da_st likes this.
  31. johny256

johny256

yes! Full Body character!
    Will it support Mecanim?

32. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Any predictions for multiplayer? Or is it off the roadmap?

33. tr1stan

tr1stan

For the full body characters in next update will it come with humanoid compatible arms so we can use the arm animation on other characters?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  34. Griffo

Griffo

@da_st Hi, when will you be adding reload animation of the MiniGun? Thanks.

35. johny256

johny256

Please add full body character+multiplayer animation

36. da_st

da_st

The character model will have its own animations (such as run, reload, crouch, prone etc..), you can use the current arms with the character model, but you wont be able to use the animations with other models since they are "generic" type

37. da_st

da_st

Wasnt sure how to make that one, possibly for the next update :p

Griffo likes this.
  38. da_st

da_st

Working on it, which animations do you want to see included?

39. da_st

da_st

Do you mean full character model? If so yes, im working on that for the next update

40. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Yes, but I also want to know if you work in a multiplayer version, using Unet, or something.

41. johny256

johny256

walk,walk weapon rifle,pistol,shotgun atd.
    -Run,run all weapon
    -Aim weapon
    -reload,All weapon
    -crouch weapon,crouch aim weapon,crouch walk,crouch back,atd.
    -Left Right Weapon
    -Mele Weapon-Bow,Rifle,Pistol,Shotgun,Misslerocket,Axe,Knife,

da_st and RobsonFMaciel like this.
  42. da_st

da_st

Ah I see, no I wont be adding that

43. nuonical

nuonical

For what it's worth, the aiming / firing animations are a bit off on the bow. If you're holding a bow in your left hand then the arrow would rest on the left side so you can aim properly. Have it on the right and the arrow would easily fall off and be awkward to aim.

Far Cry has a nice example to pull from, but I think you get the idea :)

far_cry_bow.png screenshot.png

da_st likes this.
  44. tr1stan

tr1stan

Hi da_st,
    When can you release the next version with full body characters?

45. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I saw on youtube your great Zombie test. do you include it into the asset? I even would purchase the NPC AI extra

46. YouBungy

YouBungy

Will You add those zombies that you put in your latest video? and will you add a body to the character?

47. YouBungy

YouBungy

I want to know too

48. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

da_st ? Where are you?

49. da_st

da_st

@Devision4 @YouBungy @tr1stan Sorry for not being super active, I have alot going on IRL right now with university coming up soon, to answer some of the questions: Yes, I will be including the zombie character, and a full body character with animations in the next update, I cant say for sure when the update will be finished, I try to work on it whenever I have the time

50. YouBungy

YouBungy

I have my own zombie models, Yet yours look great I just wanted to know when the body will come out