Search Unity

Low Poly Shooter Pack v4.0 - Everything You Need To Get Your Low Poly Shooter Project Started!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by da_st, Feb 3, 2016.

?

Version 1.7 will include animated arms, should I keep the current example prefabs or remove them?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2016.
  1. Keep them (in a folder called "old prefabs")

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Remove them

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Whatever

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. da_st

da_st

2. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

Almost forgot about the deadline, Count me in for sure. Sounds great for my mobile FPS game. Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Days!!

da_st likes this.
  3. AndroYD

AndroYD

I'd really love to join the giveaway, I'm already working on a 3D GPS based app, when it's done, I'd love to reuse the existing project with your assets and make a game. :3

4. da_st

da_st

mimminito likes this.
  5. tuckdragon

tuckdragon

Congrats to the winners!

da_st likes this.
  6. sixb0nes

sixb0nes

Thank you for offering this :) Great asset and a wonderful early Christmas present!! Warm wishes and thank you again.

7. Congrats to the winners!

da_st likes this.
  8. da_st

da_st

No problem, hope you find it useful in your projects :)

9. someunityguy

someunityguy

Wow thanks a bunch.
    Cant wait to use this.

da_st likes this.
  10. mimminito

mimminito

da_st likes this.
  11. pchuri

pchuri

Very cool!
    If I purchased it, is it commercially available for art asset?

12. da_st

da_st

If you have bought it, you can use it in commercial games :)

13. troneko

troneko

oh my god .... David ..... your new video in youtube is very useful to me . I am using your low poly gun pack to build a defense game too. A VR multiplayer FPS game. :oops:

da_st likes this.
  14. ryleysill

ryleysill

@da_st Hey, is there an easy way to scale the particle systems down? The guns and stuff are huge relative to the unity units so I needed to scale them down pretty significantly but the smoke and impacts are still huge. Thanks!

15. da_st

da_st

Hey, unfortunately there isnt a fast way to resize particle systems in Unity, so you would have to manually change the settings of each particle system, to make them smaller you need to lower the "Start Size" value, you can also try changing the other setting values to get the loook you want, like the speed and emission values.

img.png

16. ryleysill

ryleysill

@da_st Hey so it looks like this works when changing the smoke particles but not the bullet impacts. Is there anything extra I need to do for the bullet impacts so that the particles aren't so large? Thanks for the quick reply!

17. da_st

da_st

The bullet impacts work the same way, since they also use particle systems same as for the smoke, so you can use the same method for them (and also make the bullet hole sprite smaller)

18. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Is it possible to show crosshair in the normal view, not the zoom view? I find it hard to target without it.

19. da_st

da_st

You would have to create your own script for that, that turns off the crosshair when aiming (right clicking), and then enabling it again, there is actually a crosshair sprite included that you can use, in the folder Components > Textures & Sprites > Sprites

pushingpandas likes this.
  20. da_st

da_st

Version 1.8 Coming Soon

lpfp_1.8_img7.png
    lpfp_1.8_img9.png lpfp_1.8_img10.png lpfp_1.8_img11.png lpfp_1.8_img71.png

21. McNasty

McNasty

First of all, I would like to compliment you on the quality of your work. The models and animations are great and the package as a whole is a great value. With that being said, there were a few minor issues with the camera effects in the demo scene. But alas, I don't buy assets for demo scenes.

My real concern though is the scale. Maybe you could clarify on your choice to import the models and effects at such large and non consistent size. They are a long ways from the standard 1 meter unity scale. In fact, many of the objects are then scaled further in the hierarchy of the prefabs. This works fine in the context of your demos, but when users try to use the assets outside of your demos, all of them must be scaled, and not even all the same amount. So in the end we are left with scaled assets nested in scaled prefabs. Furthermore, since you objects have rigid body physics, when you scale them down to a realistic size the physics properties are now off. For example the scaled shell casings eject 30-50 meters. So now I have to go and adjust all the physics settings as well. Next comes the particles. As you noted in previous posts, the scaling of particles without the use of a third party asset is tedious if not impossible for the average asset store customer.

I thought long and hard on whether or not to even mention it. The last thing I want to be is "that guy", but then you posted the upcoming 1.8 release teaser and instead of getting excited, I just thought, how am I going to import this package without reworking everything again. So I guess I will have to cherry pick the changes from now on.

To anyone that is reading this, make no mistake, this is a quality asset worth every penny and I would purchase it again. Just keep in mind, if you run at the standard unity 1 meter scale, this is not a plug-and-play asset. As a developer myself, I know you can't please everyone, but maybe you could take into consideration pleasing the average user that uses the default unity setup. Please consider an effort to fix the scale issues before the asset grows to a state that it can never be fixed.

I will withhold a review in the asset store for now because again, you have done a great job and it is not my intention to hamper your sales or future development of this great asset.

BBLOCK_Digital likes this.
  22. BBLOCK_Digital

BBLOCK_Digital

Me too!

I've bought the asset yesterday and in no time at all i made it work with other assets from the store, your scripts are simply and clear, a perfect integration to any first person character controller but......the scale is actually ten times bigger than the 1:1 scale, and scaling it to .1 brings up many issues with particles physics and camera, and that's bad because your asset is really great, animations, sounds,models, the standard first person controller at it's best!

So... can we expect in future updates a 1:1 scale prefabs and animations or maybe a workaround to fix issues?

This asset can be a masterpice for beginners, clear, sharp and smooth, it can be easily combined with most of the AI solutions on the market wih just a few lines of code.

Thanks for making great stuff, but remember, the 1:1 scale woud be the best gift for most of us, i think.

23. da_st

da_st

Thanks for pointing this out, you are right, I will work on fixing this for version 1.9 :)

McNasty likes this.
  24. da_st

da_st

What do you think about this new scale? @McNasty @Galeazzi

Compared with a default cube, using 1x1 size:

new scale.png

25. McNasty

McNasty

The default FPS controller height is 1.8M (roughly 6ft). I made a quick mock up scene with the Mixamo beta model, which is also the standard 1.8M height in a standard t-pose. Scaling your asset to 0.025 yielded the best result. This made the arm joints of your rig line up closely with the reference model. Obviously with a cartoon/low poly model the exact scale is not required but it certainly will go along ways with compatibility of other assets.

Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 3.20.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 3.21.15 PM.png

Applying a quick and dirty IK solution to the arms to match the models hand positions to your hand positions again yielded acceptable results at the 0.025 scale.

Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 3.31.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 3.58.36 PM.png

Since I am not sure what modeling package you are using I can only give you a reference in Unity. If you need a copy of the example scene I made as a reference, just let me know and I can throw it up on my DropBox.

Thanks for your commitment to your product and I look forward to future updates!

26. freedom667

freedom667

did you magazine system in 1.8 version? when i play your demo, the magazine was infinite. so when i reload, magazine was not changing. if you did magazine system i will buy it

27. da_st

da_st

Thanks a lot for checking this, I will be converting all models to use this scale for the next version :)

McNasty likes this.
  28. da_st

da_st

Do you mean the webplayer demo? In the bottom right you can see how much ammo is left, this is not a new feature for 1.8

img1.png

29. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

would be cool if you could add some zombie ai to the demo.

da_st likes this.
  30. freedom667

freedom667

not ammo, I mean the magazine is infinite. When i reload, magazine not changing, being 30/30 again not 30/0

31. da_st

da_st

Ah i see, those numbers are not for magazines, they are showing how much ammo is currently left, and the total amount of ammo, when you shoot you can see the numbers go down since the ammo is being used, and when you reload it goes back to the total ammo value again

32. freedom667

freedom667

But that's not the case. The magazine needs to finish. Otherwise the asset takers will have to edit the code. If you want to share the code how to finish the magazine here.

33. da_st

da_st

How do you mean the magazine needs to finish? When the ammo reaches zero you have to reload to be able to shoot again, if thats what you meant. If you want to have a magazine system in your game you will have to add it yourself specifically for your game

34. I'd say this is more of an art package than an FPS controller....

da_st likes this.
  35. freedom667

freedom667

I do not know how to add it. Now the normal weapon system codes are different your codes are different. There may be a difference

36. freedom667

freedom667

I did not understand what you mean

37. da_st

da_st

The main focus of this asset is the art/models and animations, the included examples are meant to show how the animations can be used, but it should not be seen as a full game template

You will have to add your own code if you want to implement more features, like a magazine system for example

38. freedom667

freedom667

Why am I doing it? you have to do this. I'm the one who will pay $ 70 and get the asset.

39. da_st

da_st

If you are looking for a fps controller or complete project this is not the right asset for you, there are plenty others on the store that can do what you are looking for, this one for example.

This asset is all about the art/models and animations, the examples included are meant to show how the animations can be used, but they are not a complete game, you will have to integrate them into your own game, i can not do this for you.

40. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

For anyone reading. I thread-banned a more difficult member who wasn't able to respect this. Keep it civil everyone.

41. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

42. BBLOCK_Digital

BBLOCK_Digital

Hey guys!
    This asset is really great, sample codes are great too, but as any other asset on the store it needs some modification, tweaks or integrations to fit everyone personal target gameplay, we have to make that things on our own, i've bought many assets on the store but after two years spent on Unity i can say this kind of assets are the best, the more an asset is complete (like ufps) the more it gets difficult to modify....as a beginner turned intermediate i actually prefer to write my own scripts, please, keep work on art/animations, we're here to design and code!

43. da_st

da_st

Important info

Some info for the next update, all models, including the fps arms have been scaled down/resized to match the default unity scale, and I have also decided to remove the "old example prefabs", as well as the older scripts.

So if you are using the "old example prefabs" in your projects, and want to keep using them, remember to make a backup before updating to the newer version (next version will probably be finished sometime next week, will update the thread about it) :)

44. da_st

da_st

Preview of the grenade animations for version 1.9

BBLOCK_Digital and wahyuway like this.
  45. da_st

da_st

Version 1.9 coming soon

What's new in version 1.9
    • All models have been scaled down, to better match the default Unity scale
    • Removed the "old example prefabs"
    • New weapon models
    • Added animated arms for the grenades
    • New textures for the arm models
    • New demo scenes
    • Improved old demo scenes
    • Improved explosions, and added large versions
    • Made the trigger separate on all gun models

lpfp_1.9_img7.png

lpfp_1.9_img6.png lpfp_1.9_img15.png lpfp_1.9_img30.png lpfp_1.9_img111.png

DevMember and BBLOCK_Digital like this.
  46. da_st

da_st

47. Griffo

Griffo

@da_st Hi, I've just purchased your Low Poly FPS pack and must say I'm very pleased with it.

What I'd like to know is when will the new Shotgun, Flamethrower and the 2 chainsaws be added to the animated arm?

Thanks.

48. da_st

da_st

Hey, glad you like it! I am working on having all weapons animated for the next version

_OK_ and Griffo like this.
  49. Mister-D

Mister-D

im a bit disappointed u didnt add fingers to the arm model.shame, could have been so much better with a proper hand,
    your asset looks sweet nonetheless,
    i especially like your low poly environments u put together.
    u should consider making a full environment to put on the store.

da_st likes this.
  50. _OK_

_OK_

this is great package - the 75 euro i paid is great value. i love the animations and the models are great

looking forward to the new guns and arms scaling. i'd like to be able to match it to a low poly body but shoulders are in wrong place. i'd rather not have to use ik to position the arms. at the mo i'm adding new arms via blender that match my player body - a bit faffy so im hoping new arm positions on the cards for next update?

For anybody else working with this asset and complaining about not getting a fps controller - you can use ultimate or realistic fps controller from asset store i have both and the models work excellently. expecting an entire fps shooter game complete for 75 is asking a lot and a bit unfair to the developer.

if you need "ready" animations as seen in csgo (when a weapon is pulled its cocked) you just take the reload animation and clip the frames to include only cocking part of the animation. you then add it between draw and idle on the controller works brilliantly.

keep up the excellent work. any estimate on the new update release date?