Search Unity

Low-Level Native Plugin example from the manual does not render triangles on Hololens

Discussion in 'VR' started by jbelkin, Jan 9, 2017.

1. jbelkin

jbelkin

Hello

I'm trying to make the Low-Level Native Plugin example from the Unity Manual work on Hololens. I managed to get the animated surface, but have had an issue with DirectX rendering. It seems that ID3D11DeviceContext comes without any render targets set, therefore no triangles are rendered. Everything is Ok in desktop version, though.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong here? Some special way to get the DirectX context for Hololens?

Thanks

Eugene

Native1.PNG

Native2.jpg

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Can we get a bug report on that?

3. jbelkin

jbelkin

Sure, I can report the issue. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something important before creating a report.

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Well it's at the very least either a bug in the sample, or a bug in the engine - it should work out of the box :).

Unfortunately I do not know why it doesn't work - that needs investigation to tell.

5. Perazim

Perazim

are there any updates on this? I also trying to do the same. Fixed the animated surface but now I also dont know why the triangles doesnt show up on the hololens, only in play-mode.