Search Unity

Question Low fidelity rigidbody, for havok and unity physics

Discussion in 'DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A' started by Tigrian, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Tigrian

Tigrian

Hello,

In the havok 0.51 roadmap (,https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.havok.physics@0.51/manual/roadmap.html), it was mentioned a low fidelity but high performance rigidbody. Is this one planned for a future release? The roadmap has disappeared from the havok 1.0 documentation and the havok team members (steveehavok, petarmhavok...) have not communicated on this forum since January.

In this thread, it was even mentioned that these should be implemented in the unity physics package: https://forum.unity.com/threads/lower-fidelity-rigid-bodies-havok.1000498/

they were being implemented at that time
    So, are they still planed? They would be handy.
    Thanks

thelebaron likes this.
  2. thelebaron

thelebaron

I just want to say this would also be desirable for Unity Physics(given havok is only a feature of pro or industrial now)

pm007 and Tigrian like this.
  3. DevDunk

DevDunk

Would be amazing for large scale physics!

4. Tigrian

Tigrian

Be aware that these rigidbody come with some constraints, they are not classic rigidbody but rather secondary ones, to add for example debris effects. See the forum post above, where steveehavok lists the constraints. Just as a reminder, this post has not been answered (it had two answers and was on the last question page, I don't want it to be forgotten, thinking it has already been answered), but otherwise take your time to get a definitive answer, as long as I get one (negative or positive), i will be happy (and not uncertain if i can count on these or not)

5. Tigrian

Tigrian

:(

PolarTron likes this.