Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Low end pc + cinemachine

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by CapelaGames, Jan 10, 2019.

1. CapelaGames

CapelaGames

I have been trying to get my game running smoothly on my laptop so I can playtest it.
    I noticed in the profiler the biggest issue to improve framerate I am having is related to cinemachine. So I wanted to come on here to ask if there was anything I could do.

here is a screenshot of the profiler:
    cinemachine after physics.PNG

As you can see the cinemachinebrain.afterphysics() call is causing most of my problems. It's getting called 10 times which doesn't seem right to me. I currently have 4 cinemachine freelooks in the scene, with two of them disabled at all times (It is a split screen game so there are two cameras and two cinemachines running at once at all times)

If there is anything I am missing to improve the performance or if you require any code, please let me know. And thank you in advance.

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Try build game, and see, if you will have same issue?
    Also, if you can post you laptop specs.

3. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

What version of Unity, and what version of Cinemachine?

4. CapelaGames

CapelaGames

So After checking the specs of everything, I updated to cinemachine 2.2.8 from 2.2.7 and it seems to have fixed the issue. Also, I couldn't seem to recreate the issue after it was built. I will answer the questions below anyway, just in case you need it for future reference.

Specs: core i5-7300U
    Intel HD graphics 620

Unity: 2018.3.0f2

Cinemachine: 2.2.7 (Updated to 2.2.8 which seems to have fixed the issue)

Thanks a lot for both your help!

Gregoryl likes this.