Search Unity

Love Unity Cloud Build!

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Runnerman12, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Runnerman12

Runnerman12

Just wanna say we are a team of 2 and can see value using cloud building. What I've noticed just from trying out Cloud Building for a couple days is its shaving off 2-3 hours of my day!

In our scenario, a designer is a dev and vice versa. What really helps us is being able to build for Android without having to go through the wait times of switching platforms in Unity3D. We also work remotely and often use gdrive to store APKs for testing. Unity Cloud building lets us focus on user experience and testing new features and bug fixes quickly.

Some features I'd like to see in future updates is attempting to put the publish settings for Android and iOS under Unity cloud project settings. A few things I find myself going back to Unity3D for now are changing version number and version code for Google Play Dev Console. Id like to minimize the back and forth if at all possible for building.

2. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Hi @Runnerman12,

At the moment it is not possible in this beta to change the publish settings - but we're going to be adding this feature! When we do, I'll come back to this thread and let you know, In the meantime, we'd be interested to hear more about your experience.

This message makes us really happy, thank you very much for this note. Please continue to communicate with us (either here in the forums, or in the support area) regarding your experiences with UCB - it will help us a lot to understand what works well and what is still missing and how we can improve the service!

3. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

@Runnerman12 - thanks, we love to hear that! Please keep the feedback coming, it is really helpful.