Search Unity

Love My Home - Interior decorator tool

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by kondrup, Dec 16, 2010.

1. kondrup

kondrup

Hey all

Just wanted to say that we are up and running with our new Online Decorator tool / Interior design program.
    The program has been on it's way for a long time, about 1½year and now it is finally time to show what we have been doing all this time :)

There are still bugs and small design issues with the program but they will be solved along the way.
    Everything is made in unity and we have made good use of assetbundles.

We were also so lucky to get the "best-non game" award from Unity :)

A few of the things that are still to come:
    - Animated assets - doors windows opening etc.
    - Tv screens - displays a small movie
    - Many more assets!

Http://www.lovemyhome.net

Hope you will take a look - Here is a screenshot of one of the interior designs from the website.
    you can set language in the top-right corner.

(indretningsværktøj / inretningsprogram - lovemyhome)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  2. simone007

simone007

I already took a look at your online tool... great work. I was working at something similar, so I can fully appreciate the hard work behind it.

What I love the most is the clean interface

3. gfxguru

gfxguru

I too have already seen it...wonderful work..keep it up jesper and whole of ILP team

4. SPIKY

SPIKY

Although I don't understand a word of it, that's one nice and polished application.

I wonder how you did those nice shadows beneath each object, those aren't realtime are they?

5. KillerScript

KillerScript

Can make the room to 3ds format or download my room???

6. kondrup

kondrup

Thanks for the kind word :)

@Spiky - Hey the shadows beneath all objects are simply a map projected on the floor.

@KillerScript - I am afraid that it's not possible to convert the room to any 3d format such as 3ds.

7. aaarrrgh

aaarrrgh

Click 'EN' then 'design' :)

The international frontpage doesn't link correctly if you click the big image, so use the 'design' link for the time being.

8. KillerScript

KillerScript

So... it's grows...
    Dude please make that we will can to covaret to 3ds format for Unity3d...

9. kondrup

kondrup

Hmm... Could you be more specific? :)

10. perlohmann

perlohmann

@KillerScript: I can say with a 99% surity that exporting the project to a format which you can download and use in other 3D programs is not going to happen any time soon, if ever. The other way around might be something we would think about, but it is a lot of work.

11. jcarpay

jcarpay

Really nice, well done!
    I wonder how you did the dragging furniture in the perspective camera with the mouse pointer following correctly, any hint how you did this?

12. kondrup

kondrup

Ouch..thats a tough question.

We actually had a guy working on that algorithm for some days and I know there are some (frustratingly) heavy math behind it.
    I am working with graphics, so I can't tell you anything about how it's done - I simply have no idea ;)

13. tomekkie

tomekkie

I would like - provided that it has not been already done - to make a similar online tool for the creation of simple exhibition stands from grid-based systems like octa with the functionality of putting custom textures from local computer onto the selected elements. My goal would be to let the user to achieve an effect like I got in this example made inside Unity editor:
    http://virtualplayground.d2.pl/Unity/Protech/protech.html
    except the shadows, which, obviously would have to be realtime instead of baked.

14. tomekkie

tomekkie

15. Jerome1

Jerome1

Your 3ds room looks cool and simple make it colorful ,.

16. minevr

minevr

Wow~~~Cool.

17. johnsayam

johnsayam

Hi... I gone through your link really awesome creation. you did a great job. How you got an idea to design like this ?

18. kondrup

kondrup

Pretty simple. Take 8 guys make them sit in front of the computer screen for 3 years and you have a final product -or at least something like that ;)

19. Jagd

Jagd

Yeah - I wonder if 24 man years can do it :) Also make sure to persuade companies from the interior industry to buy your product along the way. Or have a wealthy trust fond :)

20. Super_apple

Super_apple

Nice Project! No More Update?

21. Jagd

Jagd

22. perlohmann

perlohmann

We got a little time between customer projects and did an minor upgrade to the 3D designer.
    You can now change the thickness of walls and the walls now merge correcly at joins.
    It is also possible to undo/redo actions.

Don't forget to try it out here =)

23. vegendlegend

vegendlegend

Hello, I am a software freelancer helping out an architectural company who have are using your Project as a third party product. They want me to upload their own 3ds bundles (.FBX) however I can't seem to access "Window/I love my home/furniture/create new furniture here" in Unity to do so... I will speak to the developer but any suggestions???

24. perlohmann

perlohmann

We currently do not support importing of own models (fbx or otherwise) into the design tool. If you need to have your own models integrated into the lovemyhome design tool please contact sales: sales@lovemyhome.net

25. mimminito

mimminito

Hi,

I have contacted you about this product via your website but had no reply. Any chance you could look into my request and get back to me?

Adam

26. Jason22

Jason22

Well this is sounds great but now working on my computer, I have installed the plug in named Unity Media Player. I don't know what is the problem but I want to use this site. Thanks for sharing this unique idea for designing home.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  27. aldencantrell

aldencantrell