Search Unity

Lots of "missing UV2" warnings recently

Discussion in 'World Building' started by dgoyette, Feb 28, 2019.

1. dgoyette

dgoyette

I've been getting warnings like this a lot recently:

2 ProBuilder meshes included in lightmap bake with missing UV2. Use the Lightmap + options to find missing UV2s.
    Clicking the UV2 button in ProBuilder resolves it temporarily, but within a short period of working in a scene, I'm seeing it pop up again after I bake lighting. The warning kind of implies that I can find the objects that are missing UV2s, but I don't see a list of that anywhere. Is there a way to tell which objects are generating the warnings, so I can try to fix that object?

One way to get this warning consistently is to drag a Prefab into my scene that contains a PB Mesh. This is despite the fact that while I'm in Prefab mode for that prefab, clicking the UV2 button claims there are no missing UV2s.

Is there an issue with using PB meshes within Prefabs that makes the prefab instances believe their UV2s are missing?

Thanks.

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Thanks, I can repro that instantly- looks like we need to catch the event when you add a prefab, and build UV2s right away. Also, that warning log should be clarified - the "+" button won't give you a list, but it does let you fix the issue. Will get those fixed up!

dgoyette likes this.