Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Lost transform tool handles in Lego microgame

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by dgurcaymorris, Mar 26, 2021.

1. dgurcaymorris

dgurcaymorris

Hi,

I'm sorry this is going to be so stupid of a question, but I am trying to teach myself Unity and I was going through the tutorials, doing the Lego microgame one. Everything was just fine until suddenly I stopped seeing the transform tools handles (the xyz arrows for the Move tool, the three planes of rotations circles for the Rotate tool) around certain objects. Instead all I see are the rotate/flip by 90° icons:
    Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 4.36.31 PM.png

Confusingly, for some objects (mostly the rock forms it seems?) I *do* still have the transformation tool handles:
    Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 4.37.06 PM.png

I have found other, similar comments (like here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/sol...tain-objects-need-advice.626023/#post-4194565) that seem to be related to the Probuilder tools, but I have not knowingly used them, I don't have the set of icons at the top center of my screen that people refer to in offering those solutions, and I can't figure out how to get to them.

I'm pretty sure I just inadvertently invoked a keyboard shortcut to turn something off, or on, or whatever, but I cannot figure out how to undo it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

That's odd. Let's see a screen shot of the top of your Scene view, so we can see what you've got there.

3. dgurcaymorris

dgurcaymorris

Thank you for responding! :)

Here's a full screen grab, project was just reopened and I did nothing but select the one brick to see whether it had magically fixed itself lol.

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 9.59.30 AM.jpg

4. Valjuin

Valjuin

5. dgurcaymorris

dgurcaymorris

OMG I feel like an idiot. Though I am confused as to how I got that far in the tutorial without realizing that turning on the Brick Building tool also turned off the interaction handles and replaced them with the "90° only" version of tools :S

Anyway, thank you for pointing that out to me, problem solved, moving on :D

Best wishes,
    David

6. RichAllen2016

RichAllen2016

You're not an idiot man, that's how you learn stuff, by making mistakes and learning how not to make same error again.

stain2319 likes this.
unityunity