Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost Power mid Build now I'm getting errors

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Forseti1, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Forseti1

Forseti1

I'm using Unity 5.6.4 at work and partway through the build process someone else in the office was installing a new computer and pulled the wrong plug, and my computer lost power. At the time I thought, "OK annoying ,but at least everything was saved." I turn my computer back on and load unity up again to start the build anew, but I'm getting errors now

Failed reading from: '57/57e010ade26cabec18f39a43f4c6f9a7.osi'.

'Compositing' job failed with error code: 4 ('Failed reading Indirect file.').
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

Failed reading from: '48/4845d1b12de3b1fd2d2baa8810684b6d.osi'.

'Compositing' job failed with error code: 4 ('Failed reading Indirect file.').

Not sure what these files are. I'm getting these errors even when I just try load the scene the build was working on before it lost power. Is the build from when my computer lost power half done somewhere and I have to get rid of it before making a new build? When building it gets stuck on "Building scene 2: corridor (16/17 Compositing | 8 jobs)"

2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

Sounds like the light backe cache was damaged.
    You could delete the mentioned file in the GI Cache folder or just clear the cache. (Clearing the cache would mean a full rebuild of the light maps of your project.)
    You can find the button to clear the cache and the GI path in the unity "Preferences" under "GI Cache"

3. Forseti1

Forseti1

I cleared the cache and it's not giving me errors anymore. Told it to build again and took so long that i decided to let it go overnight. Came back to it now and its on Scene 5/6 (5/11 Clustering | 45 jobs) not sure if its still taking its dear sweet time or stuck again.

EDIT: now at 5/11 Clustering | 38 jobs so it looks like its just taking ages

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019