Search Unity

Lost my UI option in the right click menu, is this from Plastic?

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by gcommandermusic, Aug 13, 2021.

1. gcommandermusic

gcommandermusic

Yesterday I installed Plastic SCM looking for a solution to easily jump back and forth between my mac laptop and windows desktop. Ever since then, the UI option in the Hierarchy has disappeared when I right click. I tried opening up a different project that isn't using Plastic, and the UI option is still there. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? It could be something else of course, just not sure what it could be.

I think I'm the type of user who would be told to use Gluon and not touch anything else. However, it's just me, so I have to understand something about this to be able to figure it out. Any ideas? I'm in the beginning stages of my Unity journey, hopefully not too much of a beginner for this version control.

I'm experiencing the same issue on both my desktop and my laptop, so I feel like it has something to do with the project.

I just can't figure out why the UI option would go away. Does it have something to do with "Unity UI" being ignored in the packages section? I'm really just throwing out guesses here. I don't know where to start. Thank you :)

2. croquer

croquer

Unity Technologies

Hi @gcommandermusic , are you referring to this UI option?
    upload_2021-8-13_10-58-48.png

I can't repro it while using Unity 2020.3.1, what version of the editor are you using? What's your OS?

3. gcommandermusic

gcommandermusic

Yes, that's the option I'm referring to. I'm using 2020.3.13f1. I'm jumping back and forth between my desktop (Windows 10) and laptop (OSX 11.3.1).

4. gcommandermusic

gcommandermusic

The UI option came back. I'm not sure why, but it's back. Thanks for your response :)