Search Unity

Loss of Level 11 perks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by superwendel, Nov 1, 2016.

1. superwendel

superwendel

I am an owner of a perpetual license for Unity 5 and just recently I signed up through the invite for the new subscription plan transition for Pro with payments starting in March 2017. When trying to grab this month's free/discounted assets, it seems that I no longer have Level 11 perks when Level 11 still exists and my perpetual license still exists. Has this happened to anyone else here?

2. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Level 11 worked fine for me. But I haven't a clue how our licenses work. Contact sales or the asset store, it should work for you, it may be a hiccup due to the migration. (also, double check that you are signed in in the editor, I usually have to do this every time I go to the asset store).

angrypenguin likes this.
  3. nosyrbllewe

nosyrbllewe

Speaking of Level 11, did anybody notice that the one of the items for free (Desert Ghost Town) was swapped out with Female Character Pack earlier today? Unity may be adjusting Level 11 right now, possibly causing you to lose your perks due to a glitch.

4. ShilohGames

ShilohGames

I saw the swap out on that asset. Wonder why that happened.

5. zelmund

zelmund

lost level 11
    +1

6. superwendel

superwendel

7. Shushustorm

Shushustorm

I also own a Unity 5 perpetual license and I didn't change to subscription, but I should still get level 11, too, right?
    Do I have to "assign a seat" or something like that, too?
    (Right now, when trying to buy level 11 assets, I would have to pay the price instead of getting the assets for free.)

8. Shushustorm

Shushustorm

Well, are there no official statements to this?
    I still can't get the Level 11 assets.
    In Safari, I still get 404 and in Unity's Asset Store tab, it only says

"Level 11 provides exclusive access to must-have free and heavily discounted assets.
    Upgrade to Unity 5 Professional Edition and get access to Level 11."

and if I click on the supposedly free assets, they will cost their normal prices.
    I have an activated Pro license (perpetual) on the machine and in Unity and Safari, I am logged into my account that uses the license when trying to access the assets.
    I'd really like to get the assets before the month is over.

9. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Have you assigned yourself a license key in organisations?
    • Go to Unity3d.com
    • Click your name
    • Click organisations
    • You should see a list of organisations
    • Click manage (the little cog next to the organisation)
    • You should see a list of licences
    • Click manage (the little cog next to the license)
    • Assign the seat to yourself
    Its a somewhat weird process, but it should work.

If you have done this and it doesn't work, then an email to support is in order.

Shushustorm likes this.
  10. Shushustorm

Shushustorm

@BoredMormon
    Thank you for your help! It is indeed very confusing. Unfortunately, following the steps you mentioned hasn't worked today morning. It seems UT changed the licensing system and the older licenses haven't migrated (yet?), thus not being recognized by the new system.

Because when I reached step 7, there was only the Personal license (subscription) displayed, but not my perpetual Pro one. My perpetual license is only displayed when accessing ""Manage other licenses"".

But now, after testing once more, for whatever reason, it just worked. I did not assign any seat or something like that, though. Weird. About 12 hours ago it didn't work and now, without changing anything, it just worked.