Search Unity

Losing sprite quality after combining all sprite into one single .psd

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by LaurensiusTony, Jul 2, 2014.

1. LaurensiusTony

LaurensiusTony

So i have a 2D scene with a mountain and at first i just using 2 picture which i rotate each other so it will match the end and the beginning and put it all over my scene and i think since i not moving the mountain picture or do anything with it i willing to combine all piece into one single picture as .psd or .png (it is vector picture from illustrator)

so my single mountain picture is in 800x125 resolution and i combining 4 piece so the full size for my whole picture will be 3200x125. but when i put that picture into my scene, the picture becoming not sharp and blur, it looks very bad... any idea why?

here is my two psd picture (in onedrive)
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...5&authkey=!AJyw3V5VUplWnpY&ithint=folder,.psd

note: level1mountain is simply extension from mountain-1a(i just duplicate it and flip horizontal)

oh and the only reason i'm doing this is because i think it will be reduce draw calls since 4picture becoming 1picture so from 4extra draw calls into single draw calls (am i right?)

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Change the texture import settings, specifically the maximum size.

--Eric

3. LaurensiusTony

LaurensiusTony

oh yes thank you :D it's all solved