Search Unity

Looping in Mecanim

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by chiblue3D, Apr 22, 2013.

1. chiblue3D

chiblue3D

I am in the process of converting my project to use mecanim in unity 4, the problem I have run into relates to looping animations. I have some animations that do not have the same pose at the start and end frame, this is becuase unity 3 if I did this the animation would "skip" on last and first frame loop becuase there was no transition as 2 frames did not move. I removed the last frame to enable smooth motion in fast animations like running... the problem is now that in mecanim the blending of the causing the animation to mess up. Is there a work around for this or do we have to wait to the looping to allow suppresion of the blending process? If there is a work around can someone please suggest the most affective way to do this without skipping each repeat.

Or is the answer to change the animation to include the last frame to match the first??

2. chiblue3D

chiblue3D

Well I gave up and went back to the legacy animation control, the looping really messes up it the first and last animations are not "exactly" the same for every bone... I have an animation were the have was close but not that same and my mesh looked like he was bowling in cricket...