Search Unity

Looping BlendListCamera

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by AmaritundeOkafor, Feb 17, 2019.

1. AmaritundeOkafor

AmaritundeOkafor

Hi,

Maybe we were using for the wrong purpose, but a coworker set up an attract screen in our game to run the camera around a static scene that had characters in different poses, instead of using a spline. It looks nice with a bunch of different cameras and blend times between them.

Anyway, when we first did it, we were using the Cinemachine package from the asset store and we were able to easily modify the script to loop by hacking in a public bool and setting the instruction to 0 after it reached the last item in AdvanceCurrentInstruction().

However, I recently moved to the package version 2.2.8, and quickly realized that that won't work anymore as the code isn't in our project folder. I ended up duplicating the class and its editor just so I could have the looping blend list again, but as a suggestion I'd like to request that behavior out of the box. Either with an OnComplete event (which could be handy anyway), and a way to restart the list, or simply exposing some variables or making them protected so I could derive from the class and add functionality. Maybe even a ping pong or reverse. Just a thought.

Thanks for your work on this tool!

Gregoryl likes this.
  2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

What a great idea! Thanks for the suggestion, we will add it to our list.

AmaritundeOkafor likes this.
  3. AmaritundeOkafor

AmaritundeOkafor