Search Unity

looks like UDK has self shadowing, dof and more on their mobile engine...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hippocoder, Mar 7, 2012.

1. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Y'know, this is just couch potato advice. But I'm convinced a game trailer is perhaps more important than the game itself!

Like, you're better off making a regular game, and give it a KICK ASS trailer, one that gets everyone in the right "mood".
    Kind of like that octodad trailer. I haven't played the game... I'm sure it's fun, but if I'm not mistaken you're an octopus and you gotta do normal tasks... which is kind of dull if you think it through. But the trailer get's you in the correct mood! It's hilarious that you're an octopus DAD and it's so hard to do normal things, and "no one suspects a thing" or "he has a good thing going" as the song says, lol, man that's funny, it makes me lol! I feel like buying it just from thinking about it!

On the other hand, you could make a great game... you know, the kind only few people 'get'..., but those who do, think it's awesome! But word of mouth will only get it so far... without a trailer that gets everyone on the mood, it's a waste... :-(

Am I getting somewhere here? Or am I still several light years from the truth??

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Appstore is littered with the corpses of fallen games which play beautifully but are farted right out of the charts by angry birds in space with friends.

That is the grim reality :D

3. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

yep, I'm not going to make it in this biz! :p