Search Unity

Question Looking for ways to have glow effect on individual sprites

Discussion in '2D' started by PaperMouseGames, Nov 18, 2020.

1. PaperMouseGames

PaperMouseGames

Hi there! I'm working on a pixel art game and I was following this Brackeys tutorial:

I really like the final effect of this and I was trying to do something similar in my game but upon hitting some complexity I'm stuck. I've never done much of this lighting/post processing/shader stuff and so I'm a bit lost with an issue.

The thing is, I have a global volume on my scene with a bloom effect for the overall scene effects that I want, but now I want some parts of certain sprites to glow with more power than the other stuff in my scene and I can't seem to get it working where the bloom only affects a specific sprite.

The global volume affects the whole scene, and I noticed that it has a local option instead of global, but it requires a non-2D collider, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything when I try it.

Any tips on this? I basically just want a scene bloom, and a more powerful bloom (glow) on certain sprites. I tried using 2D point lights but the issue there is that they don't automatically animate with the sprite and it doesn't look as good as this bloom effect for what I want.