Search Unity

Looking for VR rigging sources.

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by DDeathlonger, Dec 15, 2017.

1. DDeathlonger

DDeathlonger

Hey guys, about to head to bed before work, but I've been fighting VR for a week now. Lol, and I know the next task I'm taking on after I get movement across multiplayer synced, is how in the world, does one go about moving a character smoothly with VR.. The best example I have is Onward, it has full bodied avatars who's movement is tracked and free. I'm just looking to see if anyone knows of any resources as Google keeps spitting up stuff about full body VR kits. Lol any leads are appreciated as I will prefer to go into this with some knowledge of the terminology specific to the topic for accurate searches, as well as perhaps direct link to guides or anything.

2. Selzier

Selzier

DDeathlonger likes this.
  3. DDeathlonger

DDeathlonger

I got Final IK... TOTALLY worth the $90! For the content, it's easily worth more! Given I wish they provided the VRIK kit with only the bare minimum of dependency files for cheaper, seeing as I ONLY needed VRIK... but regardless, I'm sure I can use the other parts elsewhere or at least in other projects in the future! Thank you Selzier.

Selzier likes this.
  4. Selzier

Selzier

VRIK relies on "Full Body Biped IK" which is a core component of Final IK so difficult to separate the packs.

But yes, I am using Final IK in a PC adventure game (non-vr) to animate the player picking up objects, and interacting with buttons etc. Being able to procedurally animate characters is way easier than using mocap or keyframe animations.

DDeathlonger likes this.
  5. DDeathlonger

DDeathlonger

procedural animation... hmm, I hadn't even considered that! Where might I go to learn more about that?

6. Selzier

Selzier

Watch the beginning of this video. All those interactions are procedural, and not using prerecorded mecanim animations:

Another thing that Final IK is useful for in VR is Look At IK. So you can make characters in VR look at you. I used Final IK to make character look at me here:
    youtu.be/UeNW7utKEDI?t=1m45s

DDeathlonger likes this.
  7. DDeathlonger

DDeathlonger

Thanks a bunch for the help man!