Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Nominations have been announced for this years Unity Awards. Celebrate the wonderful projects made by your peers this year and get voting! Vote here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for .TXT file that is supposed to be exported from Texture Packer for atlas use in NGUI

Discussion in 'Unity UI & TextMesh Pro' started by scmcpherson, Dec 6, 2018.

1. scmcpherson

scmcpherson

So I am unfortunately stuck with NGUI for this project but I would like to use Texture Packer to create Texture2D sprite atlases to use instead of the Unity Atlas maker for... obvious optimization reasons.

Apparently according to some documentation I've been following, NGUI can use Texture2D atlases exported from Texture Packer but it requires a reference in the NGUI UIatlas component to a .txt file that includes the data of the atlas. According to the documentation, a .txt file is supposed to be exported from texture packer but I cannot figure out a way to do this without changing the Data Format which fundamentally changes the texture.

Here are the steps I'm following:

1. Create a material using the Unlit - Transparent Colored shader and the exported texture.
    2. Create a game object and attach the UIAtlas script to it.
    3. Specify the Material from step 1.
    4. Drag the texture packer - exported text file that includes your site list into the "TP Import"
    field.
    5. Save this game object as a prefab--it 's now your new atlas.

Thanks for any help on this :)