Search Unity

Looking for the GUI Plug In

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by grfxman, Oct 3, 2009.

1. grfxman

grfxman

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section, but I bookmarked a Plug In to make Unity3d GUIs that was being sold by a third party developer, and now I can't find it. Does anyone know where I can track it down at? Google and forum searches don't show me any links.

Thanks

Christian

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

3. grfxman

grfxman

Thanxs :)

4. jeremyace

jeremyace

Google doth hath failed us! Thanks Dreamora. ;-)

-Jeremy

5. grfxman

grfxman

Yeah it's weird. You would think it would show in the top 100 hits, but nope.

This plug-in looks really helpful but I need to be sure it can access all 3 mouse buttons and both PC and Mac users can access it.

If it meets those two requirements then it's a real time saver !!

I just got my Pro Unity license so now I'm looking for cool tools to add to my new toy :) LOL

6. jeremyace

jeremyace

I just replied to your support ticket, but I will repeat the answers here.

GUI-eXtended can access all 3 mouse buttons and read the scroll wheel since you have direct access to the Event data, and it it also fully cross-platform.

Take care,
    -Jeremy

7. grfxman

grfxman

thanxs :) I just read your email. Keep up the great work! This looks like it will save so much time.

One thing I'm always looking for is easy ways to use all 3 mouse buttons to make the game interface easier.

8. jeremyace

jeremyace

No problem.

Just remember that the built-in elements use the left mouse button for interaction, and you would need to make custom elements to use other buttons. Building custom elements is explained in the documentation, and they can be edited fully by the Designer of course.

After you have worked with GUIX for a while, feel free to email to our support. If we know exactly what you want to do with the other mouse buttons and why, we may be able to make it a lot easier for you in later releases. This goes for anything else as well.

Take care,
    -Jeremy