Search Unity

Looking for the best material asset.

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by Avol, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Avol

Avol

Hello there, I am looking for a best material plugin for realism as we are developing VR training applications. It is time consuming to build my own shaders so I'm not planning to write it all by myself, therefore I'm looking for an available asset that would match the requirements as close as possible. I could not find one just from the documentation and I don't plan on buying all the assets to test. Heres a list of things:
    - Need higher roughness on materials, such as Oren-Nayar without the fresnel effect, or bearly noticable one. Currently used Disney model in Unity standard shader & Alloy shader is more or less artistic rather than realistic. I can get the no fresnel effect by putting down smoothness to 0 and metallic to 1, but that makes the material really dark.
    - An option to control fresnel to represent higher range of metals and other materials, would work to fix the diffuse term issue too.
    - Specular AA.
    - Both isotropic and anisotropic GGX.
    - Subsurface scattering, not the diffusion method but rather depth based or prebaked thickness for better performance.
    - car paint effects (incl higher fresnel).
    - distorted refraction.
    - parallax / tesselation options.
    Thanks in advance for the tips.

Image attached shows maximum roughness examples. Left most alloy then unity standard and oren-nayar as examples.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018