Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for testers with HoloLens for AR Foundation Editor Remote plugin

Discussion in 'VR' started by KyryloKuzyk, Sep 11, 2020.

1. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Hi developers!

I'm a creator of AR Foundation Editor Remote plugin. This plugin lets you reduce development time by streaming AR data from AR devices to Unity Editor. This eliminates the need to make a new build every time you make a minor change.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/ar-...d-debug-your-ar-project-in-the-editor.898433/

Today, I released a new version of the plugin which has Meshing support (ARMeshManager). Please correct me if I'm wrong, the Holographic Remoting Player doesn't have a Meshing feature. So the plugin can be very beneficial to everyone who's dealing with Meshing on HoloLens.

The thing is my plugin should support HoloLens (and MagicLeap) because it relies on AR Foundation API but I can't prove it without the actual device. I can't rent HoloLens in my country and buying one for testing purposes is very expensive. So I'm looking for volunteers!

What I can offer in exchange?
    A free copy of the plugin!

What HoloLens features does the plugin also support?
    1. Device tracking (position and rotation)
    2. Anchors (ARAnchorManager)
    3. Meshing (ARMeshManager)
    4. Raycast
    5. Reference points

If you want to help, please send me a private message with a photo of your device and I will grant you access to the plugin.

Thanks in advance, I hope my plugin will be useful for HoloLens community!

Here is a video I made with the help of new iPad with LiDAR:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    makaka-org likes this.