Search Unity

Looking for project for Sound Design dissertation.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by unity_94403uk, Mar 13, 2018.

1. unity_94403uk

unity_94403uk

Hi all,

I'm looking for a project to create a complete soundscape for my Audio Production dissertation. I'm not too fussed about genre but something action RPG would be most preferable. I will most likely utilise FMOD for the sound design. while I'm actively looking for suitable projects, please let me know if you have a project you'd like some top notch attention to sound design. I'm willing to consider anything.

Cheers.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Head over to Unity Connect for this type of thing

3. Bitmann

Bitmann

Get a plugin that does most of the work for you (such as MasterAudio) and the sound designer should be able to do the implementation themselves without screwing up anything, since no coding is needed most of the time. They will have to learn source control if they don't already know it though so they can check things in.

Most sound designers know about zero code. Our 4 sound guys on various games have had no problems learning and using Master Audio. And 3 out of the 4 did the implementation themselves.

FMod / Fabric / WWise have a couple other features that MA doesn't have, but the learning curve on those is *far* steeper. And the support is almost non-existent for the free version (they're only free for projects under $100k). Master Audio has extensive documentation and excellent support. And it's only $30 right now in "My Crypto Project"