Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Looking for participants to try Unity’s Bug Reporting (Alpha) service

Discussion in 'Unity Performance Reporting' started by johng_unity, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Mahgo

Mahgo

Wouldn't it be better to run the Coroutine once (on Awake) and let it run each frame in a while loop? I imagine it would have better performance.

MihaPro_CarX and dotsquid like this.
  2. Mahgo

Mahgo

Have you considered making those two dlls open source? So that it's easier for everyone to debug any issues?

Edit: I'm referring to Unity.Cloud.BugReporting.Client.dll and Unity.Cloud.BugReporting.Plugin.dll

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  3. RDeluxe

RDeluxe

Seems reasonnable, it's just that right now I can't filter issues for which I have created a Jira task/gitlab issue. And that makes it impossible to correctly process new issues

And aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh could Unity website please stop checking my authentification and bringing me back to the dashboard every 5 minutes ?!

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    MihaPro_CarX and Mahgo like this.
  4. bretth_unity

bretth_unity

Unity Technologies

The next SDK update will include better handling for exception events. In the meantime, you can grab the stack trace from the logMessageReceivedThreaded event and manually log it.

Code (CSharp):
    1.             Application.logMessageReceivedThreaded += (logString, stackTrace, logType) =>
    2.             {
    3.                 // Manually log message using LogEvent()
    4.             };

5. bretth_unity

bretth_unity

Unity Technologies

There's nothing particularly special about those dlls, so it shouldn't be an issue. They're simply dlls because of how they're used internally. I'll add it to our list of work items.

6. bretth_unity

bretth_unity

Unity Technologies

You could definitely do this. The sample is written this way to make it easier for the developer to choose when update should be called. For example, not being updated while paused.

In general, BugReportingScript is written as a simple way of getting started and isn't necessarily the most optimized solution.

Would it be helpful to include a second helper that runs continuously?

7. Mahgo

Mahgo

You're probably better off wrapping the coroutine's contents in an if (boolean) then, and allowing the user to toggle that for that functionality.

I think it's pretty important that it can run as lightweight as possible.

8. Build-and-Run-Game-Studio

Build-and-Run-Game-Studio

My bug report page doesn't load anymore. Perhaps my team posted too many bugs +50?

Is there a way to solve that? I've tried in different machines and browsers. Is there an API available like Cloud Build to manually delete Bug Reports?

Thanks

9. Mahgo

Mahgo

When can we expect SDK updates?

10. pavel_luden

pavel_luden

Hi! If a mobile game crashes on a device for some reason (because out of memory or stack overflow) I want to collect and send bug report automatically. How can I do that? Does SDK provide hooks for that? Or maybe there are ways to handle crashes using other unity systems?