Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for new dev for my game project (early access, positiv rating and +50k players)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JannickL, Aug 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frosted

frosted

Nah, all you need is a bank account.

Teila, AndersMalmgren and Antypodish like this.
  2. elmar1028

elmar1028

I see 50K number being tossed around. This is 50K installs as OP mentioned. While impressive, this doesn't mean that there are 50K people playing the game.

For all we know people could've downloaded the game, tried it for 5 minutes then uninstalled it.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    ShilohGames, Ryiah and Teila like this.
  3. Teila

Teila

An individual can be a legal entity. How Unity sees that may be different than how Steam sees it. Besides, so many people from different countries with different laws.

Instead of trying to be right, why do you not just recommend to people that they get legal advice from someone who actually knows what they are doing. The purpose of a community is to help others.

If you are wrong, and someone pays for this just to get the assets and Unity says, nope, sorry, then that person just wasted their hard earned money on your advice.

I do not know about you, but that would bother me. I would much rather see developers succeed than fail. I spend most of my day giving support to new developers. No way do I want my advice to harm them in any way.

There are always those that do not care though..they only care about being right.

Lurking-Ninja and Ryiah like this.
  4. Ryiah

Ryiah

Yes, you do have to justify yourself to us because only a fool would make a blind purchase.

No, I don't at all believe you're giving it up due to a lack of time. I believe you're giving it up because despite your claims that it has a "lot of potential" it's not able to make you a "good income". If it were able to make a good income you would still be working on it yourself.

Since you've already looked into the community for us I thought I would look into attention outside of it. I was able to find a combination video from March that shows gameplay followed by reviewing it. According to the reviewer the game was released in January but he was only able to see five people online playing.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    Antypodish, Mauri and Teila like this.
  5. Ony

Ony

shhhh...

Teila likes this.
  6. ShilohGames

ShilohGames

With F2P games on Steam, the number of installs is not important. That number includes people who installed it and then uninstalled it. There are lots of people on Steam who try a free game briefly and then uninstall it to make room for the next free game they will try. So the install base is not an actual userbase.

When determining the actual user base for a multiplayer game on Steam, the important stat is concurrent players. Are there hundreds or even thousands of concurrent players? If there are, then the game may be viable. If there are not, then the game is stuck.

Before trying to sell this project to another dev, it might be worth trying to get the concurrent players above a hundred.

Teila, Ryiah and AndersMalmgren like this.
  7. N1warhead

N1warhead

Anyone in their right mind would need to see analytics for this type of choice. And a price of course.

1 - Such as proof of 50K Installs.
    2 - DAU/MAU
    3 - IAP Sales (what I mean is - proof people are actually purchasing skins, etc).
    4 - And anything else key to proving anything the investor wants to know.

This would be an investment, all investors are smart for questioning every single thing as it's their money at stake, not yours. Last thing I'd want to do is spend $100,000 USD and only make back 500 dollars a year. Or in a more realistic scenario - Spend 500 dollars and only get 3 dollars a year in return on my investment. Investors simply will not buy anything if there's not already a stable or at least fluctuating profit margin with room to grow.

8. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Too much derailment and arguing. Closing because it's not the place to try to sell games and because it has become petty bickering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.