Search Unity

Looking for method to implement item trading over WIFI/Bluetooth in a mobile game

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by TheBlackBox, Dec 22, 2016.

1. TheBlackBox

TheBlackBox

Hi there,

I am currently writing an inventory system for my mobile game and I would like know how achievable a Trading system between players, either online or via bluetooth, would be.

I've wanted to add a trading system for some time now, I imagine I'd have to first connect the two players that want to trade, then allow them to select items that they wish to trade, then have both parties confirm the trade and then have the trade happen.

In my mind, this would work by sending item IDs over the network and then have the item become available/unavailable in the players inventory depending on what they traded. This is without much authentication of course.

--

Does anybody know any assets that I could use to possibly implement something like this.

Is there an approximate cost for putting the servers in place for this to happen (with around 5,000 DAU) and what is the best way to go about this, specifically on a mobile device?

Thanks!

2. MrLucid72

MrLucid72