Search Unity

Question Looking for HP Reverb G2 Omnicept Face tracking emotion recognition software

Discussion in 'VR' started by Viikable, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Viikable

Viikable

Hello,

I have a plan to utilise the HP Reverb G2 Omnicept VR headset with Unity (using OpenXR) in order to conduct research with its three sensors: eye-tracking, pulse monitor, and a face-tracking camera.

The eye-tracking and pulse monitor are easy to log using the provided Unity SDK, but for the face-tracking, while I am able to produce the image, I do not currently know what is the best solution for emotion recognition from the image. This is especially difficult because the camera only shows the users mouth and chin areas, thus software which tracks the entire face does not really work. So, I was wondering whether anyone has any suggestions on in-house or third party programs we could use to achieve the emotion state recognition? Has anyone done this using Unity before?

So for further detail, the face image can be extracted as a raw image and viewed on the screen just fine, I just need a way to check the user’s emotion from the image ideally in real time so I can tune the experience based on their perceived mental state, which I can get from the combination of eye, face, and pulse sensors.

I did some searching and found a few rather outdated full face tracking software from Github which didn't really work with my current Unity version (2021.3) or had other issues (e.g., https://github.com/rageappliedgame/EmotionDetectionAsset_CPP).

Any help is much appreciated,