Search Unity

looking for help with a shader

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by orindoomhammer, Nov 3, 2009.

1. orindoomhammer

orindoomhammer

Ok what I would like is a shader that uses the spec bump map but allows you to import a spec map. like useing a light map, that way it only shines on the spots the map tells it too.

by the way this is for the indi so if its not possible just let me know thank you.

2. GaborD

GaborD

The default specbump shader already uses a spec map.
    The map has to be in the Alpha channel of the diffuse texture.

Or if you want a Lightmap/SpecBump combo, that is already in Unity too. Lightmapped/Bumped Specular or such in the shader tree.

3. orindoomhammer

orindoomhammer

what im looking for is a more focused spec map option. useing a mask to put the specular shine on only places that the mask shows. like if i have a iron plateing that has both rusty and shiny spots. or maybe paint and metal showing. the shin will only show up on the metal not the paint. so instead of a specbump map with just the defuse texture and bump texture it would have a slots for base bump and spec maps. so i can put a texture in the spec map to mask off what i dont want shiny and what i do want shiny.

4. Daniel_Brauer

Daniel_Brauer

Unity Technologies

That is already a feature of the built-in specular shaders. The alpha channel of the main texture is used as the gloss map.

5. orindoomhammer

orindoomhammer

well it works ok i guess i just wanted more control over the way it masks what. but it leaves some things i dont want shiny shiny.