Search Unity

Looking for game developers that are interested in talking about their experiences.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PepticSolid, Feb 18, 2021.

1. PepticSolid

PepticSolid

Hello there. I am a student in college that is currently researching on game development, and I am wondering if anyone that has a few years of developing games is interested in having a conversation with me about their experiences.

Let me know if you are interested by replying back to this thread.

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Hi.
    Please write questions you may like to know, assuming answers can not be found already on the net and you may get some answers from multiple devs. It is better that way, than asking for our private time one to one, which we value.
    Also, this way we contribute to the community.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  3. PepticSolid

PepticSolid

Thank you for letting me know about this.

4. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

I usually agree, but they did say that this is for a college research project. The conversation or interview itself may be a part of the assessment criteria, separately from the answers received.

More info would still be useful. When and how would you like to talk to people? Via Discord or something? What timezone? How long will the conversations be? Are they free-form or is it a formal interview for research?

Are there criteria for the people you want to talk to? Eg: should we have worked on a released title?

5. Antypodish

Antypodish

I can imagine, if person wants to improve interview, social, or intercommunication skills in the game dev field, then that would make sense.
    Otherwise I don't see that happening to be requirement in game dev, as a part of college assessment.

But as you mentioned, OP provided too little info, to take assumptions here.

That make me think, Unity has own discord channel, if OP is interested in more real time discussion.

But giving set of questions to discuss, should be initial entry point from OP.
    So please @PepticSolid prepare some and write them down here.
    That will help you.
    And bonus fact, you will have prove and reference for your assessment, which may help score a point, or 2.

On side note, sometimes phone discussion may be overwhelming, when new jargon comes into play. It is really easy to miss important key words. Also, foreign languages and accents may add to the difficulty of understanding. Never the less, it is good to have such experience.

Just to be aware.