Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Looking for free resources with unique image based lighting assets for my the projects. Anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lightworker, May 31, 2024.

1. Lightworker

Lightworker

I'm looking for unique hdri lighting and hdr environments for my future game project. Especially I look for cool sunrises and dawns lighting. I know only www.free-hdri.com, ambient cg, poly haven, no emotion. The thing is that these free maps are used by the thousands of ppl and lighting conditions are repetitive etc. I look for some unqiue lighting that don't appear in other ppl projects.Anyone?

2. Murgilod

Murgilod

Free and unique: you can only pick one. If you want unique hdr environments you'll have to make them yourself or you'll have to pay for them.

Ryiah likes this.
  3. Ryiah

Ryiah

4. kdgalla

kdgalla

Do you think anyone will really notice the difference? There are lots of ways to make your game have a unique visual style, but whether your HDRI is unique or a just a well-chosen stock HDRI seems like the least noticeable, least impressive, least interesting aspect you could possibly focus on.