Search Unity

Looking For Contributor Looking for developers for 2D RPG

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by Chronss, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Chronss

Chronss

I´m looking for a team to develop a 2d RPG. My inspiration for the game comes from games such as Undertale, Final Fantasy Legend, Buriedbornes and Dark Souls. It`s hard for me to talk about the story of the game in a public forum since the main appeal for the player will be the mystery and true nature of the world he´s thrown into.
    In the game you will be climbing a tower fighting battles, solving puzzles and making choices along the way. It will be very old school in the sense that the player isn`t spoon-fed all the information about the game mechanics and story so that they will have to find out about a lot of the functions by trial and error. The story is also kinda meta in a way. It is a story that could only be told through the medium of games. I aim to to bridge the disconnect between gameplay and story found in so many games (especially rpgs). It is an idea that I´ve been thinking about for a couple years so most of the game is already planned out if you have your own ideas we will of course be able to change things.
    All of (or at least the overwhelming) majority of the battles will be turn-based boss battles. Depending on the enemy and choices made in the game you will have options during battle besides attack, defend, item etc. It also has replay value in a sense since the story continues after finishing it once but overall it won`t be a very long game.
    I´m mainly looking for a programmer but any artists, musicians, writers or anything else that want to participate, are welcome to join.

Reply to this thread or contact me on discord: Chrnss#7897

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022