Search Unity

Looking For Contributor Looking for Developers and 3D Artists for a Coding Game

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by Bergschaf, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Bergschaf

Bergschaf

Hi,
    I'm a 15 year-old student who has some experience in programming. I've done a lot with python und unity and I want to start a real project.

My idea is to develop a Programming Game, where you have to solve Python Challenges to progress. This game could help beginners to learn programming, but it should also be fun for more experienced Programmers. The game will be 3D in a semirealistic, futuristic style, a bit like cyberpunk (a lot of lights and reflections). The player controls a character (for example a robot) and experiences a storyline. To progress in the story, the player can solve coding challenges in Python, which could involve programming the movement of other robots, "hacking" stuff or solving other problems. The game should include an ingame code editor with nice features like Syntax Highlighting, Error Checking and Autocompletion (like pycharm or vscode). This is still just an idea and it can definitely be refined.

I want this project to be (kind of) serious, so it doesn't die off after the initial few month of motivation. So I'm currently working on gathering a small team, which would then be organized. I know a project manager, who might want to help manage the project. To keep everything organized and that we don't lose motivation to quickly, there could be regular calls and for example a trello board with deadlines. But there won't be any pressure or anything, this is still just for fun.

If you are interested and a (Unity-) Developer (you don't need Python experience), 3D Artist or know anything that could help, just DM me:
    Bergschaf#0628