Search Unity

Looking For Contributor Looking for collaborators for first-person nature simulations in VR

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by NatureSimsVR, Jun 17, 2021.

1. NatureSimsVR

NatureSimsVR

Hello,

I'm an indie developer with a combined education and tech background working on a startup called NatureSims. The goal is to combine biological and ecological research with cutting-edge technology to build a series of short, first-person VR experiences that allow people to defy the limitations of their own bodies and experience the world as if they were another living creature.

Players learn about our animal cousins by seeing the world through their eyes in a format that is half videogame, half simulation.

I've completed an early prototype of the sort of app I'm trying to build (see Frogworld on Steam) and I'm looking for collaborators to help me build the first full release focused on the monarch butterfly. I've already been working on the research and early development for this for nearly a year. I have partnerships with nonprofit organizations and university researchers and I plan to have a demo out this fall/winter to use for fundraising. You can read more about the project in my blog posts on Medium: https://naturesims.medium.com/

I'd like to build NatureSims into a proper studio, and I'm very open to potential partnerships and revenue sharing with folks who'd like to help me build the next generation of gamified nature simulations!

If this sounds interesting to you, you can reach me at kai@naturesims.com. I'm a generalist myself, so I'd be interested in all types of skillsets provided you can hit the ground running ;-)

Cheers,
    Kai