Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for assets to do tutorials for

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShantekDev, Feb 25, 2022.

1. ShantekDev

ShantekDev

Hey everyone,

Long time "tinkerer" using Unity. Really enjoy just playing around and making fun projects.

This year is my year to start putting myself out there as well as furthering my skillset so I recently started a YouTube channel, Shantek tv. I'm planning to make a bunch of tutorial based content as I really enjoy playing around with assets.

From my earlier days of playing with assets I noticed a lot of asset store devs don't seem to like making spoken videos, some publish videos with captions and they seem to be a lot harder to follow along and get up to speed with an asset, and then the dreaded documentation for some assets could always be better.

So I'm looking for some assets to do content for. If you are an asset pack developer and have something you feel could use a short setup, tweaking or usage tutorial on YouTube for you to use however you wish then let me know. Help me, help you.

If you personally use an asset store pack that you think could use something to help newbies get up to speed fast I'd also love to hear it so I can reach out to the developer.

As I'm publishing this content to my own channel and just looking to grow a content archive - at this point I'm open to anything that would benefit the asset store customers or the asset developers and am looking to do a few a week. I've just recently done a couple of car controller videos for NWH Vehicle Physics 2 and Edy's Vehicle Physics after discussing with both the developers - and although they are both really fresh that kind of content I feel can really help an asset store developer long term.

And if you have any general suggestions, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
  2. ShantekDev

ShantekDev

My playlist in question is up to 4 videos currently for anyone interested, you can check it out here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2bjJcrwBAVivg9-SN8MjkUB4g05syvtW

Currently running through a range of car controllers. Would love some suggestions on anything you feel could benefit from content being created that I could reach out to. Thanks!