Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for asset store reccomendations - 3D platformer kit/controls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marscaleb, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Marscaleb

Marscaleb

This seems like the kind of thing I should be able to find in the asset store, but I'm not finding quite what I want in my searches, so I thought I would ask if someone could direct me to something.

I'm looking for a 3D platformer kit, or rather, just some player controller assets.
    Something akin to, say, Mario 64. Solid controls for running and jumping and (ideally) other various acrobatics like grabbing ledges or wall-jumping or other special jumps or sliding. Probably some good camera controls as well.

Now I am capable or programming this sort of thing myself, and honestly I usually prefer to so I can easily integrate the code with my other systems. But what really becomes time-consuming is refining everything so it plays right, so everything feels right and just moving around the world feels smooth and fun. (And fixing bugs, of course.) So really I'm just looking for something to eliminate the time spent refining the controls so that it is actually fun to play.

I figure someone has built such a system and decided to share it on the store. But so far all I can find are "complete game kits" that are targeted either at people with no programming skill or are looking to create something more focused on combat than on movement.