Search Unity

Looking For Contributor Looking for another programmer for collaboration

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by AlexBienvenu, Jan 17, 2022.

1. AlexBienvenu

AlexBienvenu

Hi all,

I am a software developer (mostly c++ / python), with some Unity experience as a hobbyist.
    I've been using Unity for about 2 years now, started several projects and published an alpha for a solo game that you can find here :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.MonkeyCompany.BananaCommando

What I enjoy in is games is a persistent world where your choices will matter for the rest of the game.

I do not play much these days, but used to a lot. Inspirations include Total Annihilation, Z, Heroes of M&M 3, Warcraft 3, Diablo 2, Civilization 4&5...Ogame and Vendetta for those who knew those :)

I am looking mainly for other programmers to start building games together (I believe doing a first POC before getting any artist involved is easier).

These will be mostly hobby projects as I can only put about 1-2hour/day.

I like big, complex games, but always define the work so that we can build it incrementally and get some first playable version before adding more features. It is important to me to always have people playing the game during development because it is so easy to go wrong.

I have several ideas for games that I would like to explore:

1. Monkey wars : An RTS game where the surviving troops from your past game will influence the troops available to you in the next.
    2. Darwin's WallStreet : A theory of evolution simulation where player bet on which species will do well in the next earth era
    3. Apple vs Oranges - a comparison : An idle economic tycoon / war game between the mafia of apple products (apples, apple pies, cider, etc) and the orange products.

I have other ideas, and am also open to completely different projects, but hopefully this would let you know if we have the same taste.

Let me know if you would like to build a game together !

Have a great day,
    Alex

SmokescreenVeil and matta1989 like this.