Search Unity

Looking for an NGUI scripting tutorial

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by StridingDragon, Jan 21, 2013.

1. StridingDragon

StridingDragon

It seems there is virtually no information how to actually script NGUI, as opposed to creating elements in the Unity interface. Can anyone point me to some text tutorial - no videos, please, because they are usually just huge, hapless time sinks - that explains how go about scripting a NGUI user interface, how to create elements, how to receive messages from them, etc.?

Also, I'm looking for information and text tutorials that explain how I would go about supporting multiple resolutions in an NGUI interface.

Thanks for any leads.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  2. Whippets

Whippets

Bump...

I haven't found any scripting tutorials yet. Without building with code, every game update to the GUI would require that change to be made in all scenes.

3. drhodor

drhodor

Did you find anything?

4. StridingDragon

StridingDragon

No, there is nothing out there. The best way is to really claw your way through it, read the NGUI source files to see how he's doing stuff there and look through the Tasharen message boards where a lot of questions are being asked and answered on specific issues. It is tedious and time consuming as hell, but if you want to work with NGUI it's really the only way to figure out how to use it.

5. GarthSmith

GarthSmith

Yeah, the Tasharen Forums are a great resource.

I would start by putting a UICamera on a camera, then listen for the OnClick() message on some collider.

I wish I knew some tutorials to share.I learned how to detect a click then just moved on from there.