Search Unity

Looking for an expert

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by FairGamesProductions, Jan 17, 2019.

1. FairGamesProductions

FairGamesProductions

I am looking to get in touch with a Unity Expert. Someone who has extensive lighting and visualization knowledge / experience.
    Everything in this scene was generated and/or added at runtime so only realtime lighting is used (as baking of any kind is impossible), and I'm looking for any help in improving the quality.

EDIT: I guess it was not all that clear. The entire scene is built procedurally at runtime, and this includes the walls, windows, doors etc... There is nothing in the scene until Play is pressed, so baking of any kind is impossible (as far as I know, and I've looked into it extensively).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  2. mgear

mgear

since it mentions feedback too on those tags,
    not visualization expert, so some random comments:
    - missing reflections (i'd expect tv to reflect and tvs are usually more black)
    - weird light on bottom of the shelf above tv
    - flat cloud plane in the window, probably house it not so near to the high clouds
    - missing or not enough ambient occlusion
    - back wall and right wall seem to have some lights on them but from where?
    - window blinds giving strong shadows at the middle, then would expect bright sunlight too (and matching sky background)
    - left side, that cabinet inner wall texture looks stretched
    - how to open those cabinets on left?
    - no shadows from lights (yet they seem quite strong/bright)
    - some weird shadows on those block benches
    - missing image effects/tone mapping

3. FairGamesProductions

FairGamesProductions

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into implementing some of these suggestions.

4. mgear

mgear

5. FairGamesProductions

FairGamesProductions

6. FairGamesProductions

FairGamesProductions

7. FairGamesProductions

FairGamesProductions

Like I said in the original post, it's impossible to do any kind of baking at all. The scene is completely empty until Start is pressed. On start the entire scene is built procedurally. That includes the building itself (walls windows doors etc..)

Antypodish likes this.
  8. Zarconis

Zarconis

Then grab this and see how it goes: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/VolumetricLighting, irrelevant of whether or not you bake you still need to set up your lighting, materials and post processing correctly.

Aces tonemapping, correct shadow bias etc. there's washout and if you look at the differences shadows don't look right.

9. Migueljb

Migueljb

All Realtime. Enlighten - Light Probes - Reflection Probes. Configure Post Processing to the project needs. Then use PBR materials to the best they can be and then just tweak away. Maybe something like UBER Standard Shader Ultra to take the materials to another level. Pretty much how it gets done for everything realtime in unity.