Search Unity

Looking for an experienced Unity programmer for part time work

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by ZygoUgo, Feb 16, 2018.

1. ZygoUgo

ZygoUgo

Hi all, I am working on a game that will go on sale when finished, I am not experienced at scripting and will run into troubles, which has already started. I am looking for someone to help me out who will receive a percentage of sales when the game is finished. I am intending on learning to script as I go, however my natural ability lays with art and ideas, plus I am looking to speed production up as I have a baby on the way.
    If any one is available, please contact me by PM for details of the game, thanks for reading! :)

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Also use Unity Connect for recruiting, not the scripting forum.

ihgyug, ZygoUgo and lordofduct like this.
  3. ZygoUgo

ZygoUgo

Haha :) Well before you judge me, I am actively working on this project, what I'm looking for is someone to help me when I come across a problem I don't understand much about to help fix it, thanks for the tip on recruiting ;)

4. fire7side

fire7side

It's still recruiting and it's not allowed on this forum. If you are working on a script, and you need help, then post some code.

ZygoUgo likes this.
  5. ZygoUgo

ZygoUgo

No worries, didn't realise, just thought it would be a good place to start ;)

6. lordofduct

lordofduct

7. Baste

Baste

Have you seen the Connect subforums? It's an interesting read. The short version is "this doesn't work, please stop". I haven't actually tried it, so it might not be as horridly useless as everyone's saying.

8. lordofduct

lordofduct

I joined, I have a profile:
    https://connect.unity.com/u/591bd911090915001fe5031b

I've chatted with a few people on there.

I couldn't say how effective it is at meeting people to work on projects together, especially those that don't actually pay... primarily because I wouldn't join such a project (I already have a team, and we only get paid when we release titles), so I don't have experience with it.

It looks totally fine though.

If I was looking for someone, I'd definitely try there before posting in this forum.

I do totally agree with the video above.

The 'idea' guys can be super annoying. And they definitely exist on unity connect (as well as other freelance websites I frequent).

Hell my team consists of 2 veterans of the industry over a decades experience in both people's pockets. And still making a game is really hard.

9. ZygoUgo

ZygoUgo

Thanks guys, I've joined Unity Connect and had some interest, here goes! :)