Search Unity

looking for advice (pointers) for a multi window remote control

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calvinstreeting, Sep 18, 2019.

1. calvinstreeting

calvinstreeting

I am looking for a asset to remotely control a main camera, form a seperate resizeable window

my research so far suggests 2 unity applications one full screen Main and one resizable window. and comunicate with something like Mirror Asset, but thats way more into multi player and what happens when the game changes scene,

so:
    The full idea is a Main Host is full screen window that shows a scene and it lanches (via button or key press) another window (threaded application call) that renders a lesser version of same scene (less graphic quality) that when the camera (orbit control) is moved this changes the camera in the main full screen parent window to match. like a remote control view sub window thingy :) think of it like a controler for projection mapping where second screen is either out of sight or orinated in such a way as to confuse mouse movement, also dont just want to mirror main monitor as a windowed control app would leave screen realestate for other things, like notes, music player etc.

any pointers, ideas or asset, would help as alot of the words i am using in google are not helping (window, mirror, network etc.. ) , and unity is going under a network api change. which dosn't help as lot returned is obsolete (currently using 2019.3).

Many thanks

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I don't think you'll find any turn key asset which does this, but any available network API could do what you're wanting.

3. calvinstreeting

calvinstreeting

mmm thats kind of what i thought.. :) playing with some code atm. but need to think as might meen scene info loaded twice for each part (and not liking that atm, for ram use scaleabiltiy etc)..

as far as i can tell new unity network stuff requires cloud etc.. way to over the top for this. :)
    mirror is doing some of it but thats the double running issue.

i am going to flesh out a few ideas, but mmm... the basic issue is unity core runs traped in that main window, but might see if i can stream out texture from camera to second sceeen, but thats alot of posible network traffic .

back to pen and paper for diagrames me thinks :)