Search Unity

Looking For A Few Android Testers

Discussion in 'Android' started by HollowDev, May 7, 2017.

1. HollowDev

HollowDev

Hey everyone, I recently just released a game for Android on Google Play Store called Charlie The Roach.

It plays perfectly fine running on my device with 4.4.2 KitKat.

I've recently noticed that some folks have run and recorded footage of the game where some textures show up solid black. From seeing this, I already know from the footage that the textures that are showing up black are textures that I used a flat .fbx model instead of sprites. What I would like to see if anyone would run the demo on their device that isn't 4.4.2 KitKat and confirm whether the graphics show up fine or if you get some that are solid black.

I'm thinking a number of things.

a) My import settings on the .fbx for normals / tangents were wrong which I've recently changed to possibly be proper. (showed up dark in editor but fine in play mode with my original build and on my device)
    b) Rendering issue on other devices
    c) Individual used an Android emulator to play the demo which has an issue rendering anything that used the .fbx.

You wouldn't even need to really run through any of the levels as the main menu has a picture of a rotating sun that uses the .fbx model and it shows up black.

If you can test and confirm yes or no on your device it would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

This is the link to the demo on Google Play Store or just search Charlie The Roach Demo on your device.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.graymantis.android.charlietheroachdemo