Search Unity

Looking For Contributor Looking for a dev to contribute to a non-profit project

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by rajshekarreddy, Apr 30, 2021.

1. rajshekarreddy

rajshekarreddy

Hey everyone,

My name is Raj and I’m currently working part time on a project to develop cost-effective surgical training modules for doctors in developing countries. It’s regulated by the MiT Solve Global Surgical Training Challenge, and I’m leading the AR efforts of one of the 10 teams who have won the grant.

The challenge's goals are to release these surgical training modules as open-source after completion.
    More details here: https://solve.mit.edu/challenges/globalsurgicaltraining

Our team is called Intellivision, and we are currently nine of us from India, including three doctors. Our solution is spread over three modules: (i) Training videos, (ii) Interactive mobile application, and (iii) A physical box trainer with AR. We are focusing the modules to teach the Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy procedure, which is a minimally invasive surgery to remove the gall bladder.

We are currently looking for an experienced Unity developer who is proficient in game development to join us and contribute to our second module. Brownie points if you also have experience with Mesh manipulation in Unity. The module would be a gamified 3D mobile application, teaching surgeons to perform the procedure. Our current deadline for a prototype is the last week of June.

What would you get out of it? Firstly you would be giving back to the community and in these pandemic times, the medical community could really use a hand. Second, you would get recognition through MiT's social media handles as you would be officially part of the team, and can also list this on your CV. Although our team has won the grant, we took a unanimous decision to focus all the funds on the project and not take any financial compensation.

I’d love to talk to more about this opportunity and if you’re interested, do contact me at rajshekhar1997reddy@gmail.com

Best regards,
    Rajshekar

DensityMVR likes this.
  2. rajshekarreddy

rajshekarreddy

3. rajshekarreddy

rajshekarreddy

4. rajshekarreddy

rajshekarreddy