Search Unity

Looking for a "blender model generation" service.... ?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jpdavis81, Jun 1, 2011.

1. jpdavis81

jpdavis81

Greetings,

I am currently building a prototype (that showcases game-play mechanics, camera system, combat system, level transition system, etc.). So I am not actually building the "real" game out yet, until I have a working proof of concept to showcase to prospective team members.

That said, are there any services out there where I can quickly build BLENDER models with slider controls and generic commands? I found www.mixamo.com which was a little bit helpful, but I had issues when importing the FBX file into Blender since it wanted to turn the model around 90 degrees and all kinds of weird stuff once I got it into Unity. But still, the concept of how you build a model on Mixamo's website was stellar. I am looking for some kind of service that provides this funtionality, but builds into a native .BLEND format. I am willing to pay for the service.

The idea is that these characters that are built MIGHT be used in the final game, but would at least (for now) serve the purpose of creating an impressive prototype. Please advise and let me know if you have any suggestions.

- Jason

2. Dantus

Dantus

I don't know mixamo. Have you heard of MakeHuman. They don't have a model for games yet, but it is on their roadmap. So with a little luck...

Edit: You should post this kind of question in the External Tools section.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  3. jpdavis81

jpdavis81

Okay, thanks for the tip!