Search Unity

Looking for a BASIC clean example for Ground Plane and repositioning

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by unityuserunity85496, Jan 28, 2020.

1. unityuserunity85496

unityuserunity85496

Im digging through the Sample asset from the unity store for Building up Ground plane.
    On the "PlaneFinder" component i've narrowed the core plane detection and re-positioning systems to two files, 'Content Positioning Behavior" of which is actually an internal function and in the Samples package a script called PlaneManger that has a function HandleInteractiveHitTest and or HandleAutomaticHitTest

The PlaneManager class is doing A LOT. Its beyond a simple example. Like I get why its all there, you(Vuforia inc) know the foibles of the app and its event systems. You have timers and StateManagers and so on.

Its kinda like the Oculus framework, we just had to hack at the files and trust all the stuff in there was performant or subclass and hope to not break stuff, go break stuff when it was not public.

Is there a simple project floating around or some docs that break down the more intermediate necessary parts here beyond the basic tutorial that you offer?

2. Sika_MC

Sika_MC

Vuforia

3. unityuserunity85496

unityuserunity85496

That was not enough to start anything of value. I ended up hacking apart your examples files of which are to be treated as Direct API files with the complicated State checking and nested functions and files instead of clean useful small fragments sample codes

icheres and rsjowell like this.