Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Look-up texture doesn't work

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by wusikijeronii, Aug 12, 2019.

1. wusikijeronii

wusikijeronii

Look-up texture doesn't work. If I use .cube file the editor works without any errors but nothing changes.
    If I use .png texture (256x16) I get error "Invalid lookup texture. It must be a 3D texture or render texture with the same size as set in the HDRP settings". In HDRP settings (HDRenderPipelineAsset.asset) I set Grading LUT size to 16 but the error has not disappeared.
    Why LUT texturing doesn't work? What's my mistake?
    Here there are lut files which I tried to use.
    (.cube - x32 texture
    .png - x16 texture)

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

This is the getting-started forum. You shouldn't be messing around with HDRP if you're new to Unity. You probably shouldn't be trying to use look-up textures, either — as far as I know that's not a standard feature, but something you would need a custom shader for. (But it's possible this is some new feature I'm not yet aware of.)

iceb_ likes this.
  3. wusikijeronii

wusikijeronii

Custom shader? Just others functions in post-processing in HDRP work fine. So, what is wrong in lookup? For now, I use HDRP only for test PBR materials and lighting techniques. HDRP is a good way for that.

unityunity