Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Long time after logos block (Splash Screen Tools)

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by Gray_Master, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

Hello.
    After run compiled application with new splash screen i seen next effect: first logo frame is showing after start time, but after ending show all frames logo background showing next 4-5 seconds. This is not good. Make please final showing background (after edn all logos) not more 1 second.
    ps. I use personal edition with "made with unity" frame

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Hi.
    Do you have a large scene?
    What platform is this running on, android?
    The background wont fade out until the game is ready, that means the engine needs to be fully loaded and the first scene. The background should only remain for 0.5 secs once the logo has gone.

3. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

hello again. scene has size (2x2 km2). platform - windows (32 bit). time of logos (summary) 5 sec. but i look on timer - background showing next 4.5 sec after hide last logo frame

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Sorry I mean does the first scene have a lot in it, such that it would take a long time to load?
    What if you set the logo to show for 10 secs, does the background still take 4.5 extra? Just trying to understand if it is taking 10 secs overall to load or if there is a forced 4.5 seconds after the logo.

5. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

I set timing for main logo 6 sec & made with Unity co-Logo 4 sec. After rebuild & run project logos starting momentally, but after playing has pause of 4 sec before show scene. One Logo Frame has pause in 3 sec.
    For the purity of the experiment i create new blank project & set only logos. After build & run i seen analog situation from old project - logos srarting is momentally but after playing pause(on new blank project!!!! but pause in this build is 3-4 sec - less on 1 sec).
    Switch between logo display mode show what pause after hide last logio & start scene may be longer in sequential mode & more short in logo below mode (difference between modes in 1-1.5 seconds)

6. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Are you able to capture a video of this? Can you post your machine specs?

7. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

8. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Thanks thats helpful to see it in action. Are you able to share the project?

9. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    karl_jones likes this.
  10. Sitalk

Sitalk

I came to the forums to see if someone had this exact issue.
    That's something happening to me too, no matter how long I set the logo (even 20 seconds) there's a short pause between the logo fadeout and the start of the first scene. And my first scene has only an animated prefab and a menu.

11. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Are you also using windows?

12. Sitalk

Sitalk

Yes, sorry for not including more details.
    Windows x64 in my case, 2D project with small resolution scene (960x600), Unity 5.5.0b4.

Tried even a new project with these settings but with a single scene containing a single game object, same result.
    I get exactly the same brief pause that MadMax2007 shows in his video capture.

karl_jones likes this.
  13. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Quick update. Windows standalone does not currently load the first scene while the splash screen is being drawn, instead it starts loading once the splash screen is finished. I'm working on fixing this now. Thanks for reporting it.

Sitalk likes this.
  14. Sitalk

Sitalk

Tried Unity 5.5.0b8 when I read in the release notes that "The initial scene is now loaded while the splash screen is displaying".
    Unfortunately it seems the delay it's not fixed yet.
    As usual I tested it on a new empty 2D project.

15. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Previously we did not do any scene loading whilst the splash was shown on standalone(windows) which is now fixed however that small pause between the switch is something else that I need to look further into.

16. Sitalk

Sitalk

Got it, thanks!