Search Unity

Resolved long sounds decay, lose bass range after a couple seconds

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by canslp, Jan 19, 2022.

1. canslp

canslp

this is definitely an internal unity problem, and it's one that started happening just today. i have not done anything with the sounds in a week, all i've been doing is just regular level construction etc. this seems to be a totally engine-side opaque problem and i have no idea how to debug it.

when i play long sounds (sounds that are more than a second long) after like a second and a half they suddenly go through like some kind of highpass filter?? like the bass range completely cuts out after a couple seconds, every single time. if i play short sounds repeatedly, so they nearly overlap, it will happen to them too, so it has something to do with which sound is being played. but if i stop playing a sound, and play it again, it'll get reset, and play normally for the first couple seconds again, including with short sounds played in sequence.

the weirdest thing about this bug is it seems to be about actual volume and not about 'whether the sound is being played' because i have some sounds that are played on loop in the background constantly, but their volume is always set to zero- i raise the volume when i want the sound to play- and the 'reset' acts like the sound is only 'playing' when the volume is full. so if i have a permanently looping sound, i can set it's volume to zero instead of stopping it to 'reset' it.

how even, does one go about debugging this. i cannot find this problem anywhere else online, i can't even find an instance of someone having bass range problems of any kind. to reiterate, all of my sounds worked perfectly up until like yesterday, and i did not do anything to any sounds in the last week.

2. canslp

canslp

oops! this actually wasn't a unity problem it's happening on my computer with just every sound from everything. disregard this post lmao

The_Island likes this.